It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Maybe somebody can help figure out what's wrong with me.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-25-2005, 08:45 PM   #1
    sjcdrum
    (male)

sjcdrum HB User
    Maybe somebody can help figure out what's wrong with me.

Well, it's a long story...about 6 months long to be more accurate.

To start things off, today is my 19th birthday, but whatever is wrong with me, has been going on since May of 2005.

I'm Male, 130 lbs, 5'11", slim/slender (not that makes any difference)

It all started when I was typing up a paper in school and I got that "flush" feeling out of nowhere, and I thought I was going to vomit, so I ran to the restroom at school, sat infront of the toilet for about 20 seconds and instead of vomiting, my heart raced so hard that I passed out. When I woke up, I was disoriented or anything, so I got up (still trembling from the episode) and went to my nurse, told her what happened, she gave me some crackers and got my sugar levels back to normal. She thought that I had a drop in my blood/sugar levels and asked about diabetes running in the family.

Ok, now that was back in May. About 2 weeks later, I had another 100% completely random "flush" feeling and this time, I had a lump in my throat, so I kept getting myself syked out into thinking I was going to throw-up, when I probably could have just slept it off, but I ended up throwing-up because all I could think about were people vomiting, gross things, etc etc. I was extremely shakey and trembling and having HORRIBLE heart palpitations. It felt as if my heart was lunging out of my chest. My Mom was holding onto me and could feel it in my back, that's how hard it was beating.

Then, probably 2 days later, I felt 100% normal, was going about my days, and was getting used to feeling good again. Living life to fullest, etc.

Out of nowhere, about a week later, I had yet another episode. This time, I was at the mall. AGAIN, 100% random. Nothing I, or any doctor can think of anything that has triggered these spells. I had to sit down, chill out, get past the shakiness and trembling, and had my girlfriend pick me up because I did not trust myself to drive.

Now, after that episode, I never got to the point where I felt "normal" again. Since then, I've been in consistent discomfort, about 80% of the time I feel like I have the lump in my throat, constant state of nausea, blurred vision to the point that I can't move too quickly or else I will get nausiated, night sweats constantly, random bouts of "flush" feelings, cold fingers and hands, weak muscles to the point where I can't even drum to my full potential (forgot to mention I'm an active musician playing shows about 8 times a month).

SHEESH, my fingers are getting tired typing all of this, haha

My Mom and I decided to go to a doctor and try and figure out what the heck was wrong with me. The first doctor I went to thought I was in an early stage of acid-reflux, so he told me to use Prilosec OTC to help the lump go away. It didn't work. The Prilosec had no effect on me as far as I know.

The days went on and my symptoms (state in bold, above) were continuing. Not getting any worse, but obviously not getting any better.

At this point, it's the beginning of summer and I am frustrated with my body because I want to get on with my life, but whatever is wrong with me is so dibilitating that it hinders me from a lot of things I could do before.

Now, over the next 4 months I will just give a brief run-through of what I went through...

- 3 DIFFERENT doctors (general practicianer, nuerologist, upper GI doctor)
    - 1 catscan, 3 MRI's, spinal tap to test for meningitis and a tumor in my brain (because one of the MRI's showed an area of my brain with some worrysome spots, but the neurosurgeon I was referred to by the neurologist said it was scar tissue from some sort of past head trauma and it was too far away from any part of my brain to cause my symptoms)
    - Atleast 4-8 times a month, random nausea spells (no vomiting though)
    - and all the other symptoms I've stated above

To this day, I still feel just as crappy as I have the past 6 months, and it's not showing any signs of letting up anytime soon.

SO, if anybody has any idea as to what's going on with my body, please let me know. This is very frustrating.

Thank you in advance

Also, sorry this was such a long post. haha

Last edited by msmod; 11-25-2005 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Changed font size to make it easier to read. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2005, 01:31 PM   #2
    _mystiger_
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

_mystiger_ HB User
    Re: Maybe somebody can help figure out what's wrong with me.

Hi there.

I have no idea what it going on with you but have you had blood test done? Diabetes test, thyroid, anemia, white and red blood count etc? I would get these done if you haven't. Also get checked for Mono. Its a long shot but Mono can cause some very worrysome and delibertating symptoms at times.

Did you have a head trauma when you was younger? I would definitely try and find out if you had a head trauma because of the scar tissue on the MRI which the neuro said wouldn't be causing your sympotms. If you haven't had any trauma that would cause scarring, see another neurologist and have some different tests done.

Its good the neuros have ruled out anything serious being wrong but you do need to find out what is cuasing your symptoms.

Happy birthday btw.

Old 11-26-2005, 05:50 PM   #3
    Jasmyn's Mum
    (female)

Jasmyn's Mum HB User

Hi there.
    Is it possible that you are having panic attacks AKA anxiety attacks? There are so many different symptoms for different people (palpitations, nausea, weak knees, etc.). Other than that, I'm not sure what it could be.
    Good luck!

Old 11-26-2005, 07:34 PM   #4
    Pika
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Pika HB User

Try to run a 12 leads EKG and see do you have a delta wave (WPW or SVT). I have all yours symptoms. I was told I'd a WPW sydrome while I was having the spot on palpitations (15 yrs old). It had been leaving untreated for 9 years because of : - didn't catch the palpitation on spot. Good luck.

Old 11-26-2005, 10:10 PM   #5
    sjcdrum
    (male)

sjcdrum HB User

I forgot to mention a lot. haha.

Over the course of those 6 months, I've had my blood tested for just about everything, 3-4 times. I've had 2 heart EKG's, 1 brain EKG to test for seizure activity, and everything comes back negative.

They're not panic attacks, trust me. I've had one before, and it was much easier to deal with than whatever is wrong with me currently.

Last edited by sjcdrum; 11-26-2005 at 10:13 PM.

Old 11-27-2005, 08:37 AM   #6
    girl75
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

girl75 HB User

i would have thought anxiety to, other than that no clue. good luck and i will keep my eyes and ears open to see if anything comes up.
    take care,
    robin

Old 11-29-2005, 09:47 PM   #7
    sjcdrum
    (male)

sjcdrum HB User

bump I need advice!

Old 11-30-2005, 12:01 PM   #8
    KingPaulos
    Inactive
    (male)

KingPaulos HB User

Sounds like some form of anxiety perhaps. Get some bloodwork done.

Old 11-30-2005, 01:53 PM   #9
    Misty800
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

If there is a medical school in your state, go there for proper diagnosis. Many med school professors see private patients and they are up on the latest. If you are in Texas, go to Southwestern Medical School or one in Houston.

Old 11-30-2005, 10:17 PM   #10
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Hi....just out of curiosity...best ask now....have you taken any "social" drugs? Are you on any medications? What about cold medications? Do you smoke? Do you drink?

Do you happen to consume products with artificial sweeteners?

q

Old 12-01-2005, 10:34 AM   #11
    I Love LJC
    (female)

I Love LJC HB User

Whats your Blood Pressure reading.

Old 12-02-2005, 10:18 PM   #12
    sjcdrum
    (male)

sjcdrum HB User

I've had several blood tests - all negative.
    Blood Sugar is 100% normal.
    It's NOT anxiety, for the millionth time.
    I don't do any sort of drugs, smoke, drink alcohol, intervenous drugs, etc etc.
    I'm clean.
    & confused on what's wrong with me.
    I'm going to an upper GI doctor next week.
    Maybe he knows.

Old 12-02-2005, 10:46 PM   #13
    hayley0610
    Inactive
    (female)

hayley0610 HB User

def sounds like a panic attack to me are u perhaps in denial?? and think theres no way u could get something like that?? or are looking for a more complexed answer?? since theyve never found anything it seems obvious to me and i suggest trying some anti anxiety meds to see if that helps, if not then u can rule that out, also im sure that ur stressing over what this could be and it isnt helping.

Last edited by hayley0610; 12-02-2005 at 10:49 PM.

Old 12-03-2005, 05:46 PM   #14
    I Love LJC
    (female)

I Love LJC HB User

You might want to seek advice from a Endocrine Doctor.

Old 12-03-2005, 08:22 PM   #15
    lilbear1978
    (female)

lilbear1978 HB User

I think that they are actually panic attacks because i to have had them in the past where they were very easy to deal with so i just let them go never went to a doctor to tell them what was happening and slowly they got worse and worse untill one day I had one on the street all i remember is waiting for my bus then i started sweating and felt sick to my stomach then the next moment I woke up and I was in the hospital with all sorts of crap hooked up to me. They thought I was having a heart attack because my heart rate was 150 bpm and my blood preasure was 195 over 107. They ran all sorts of test. Then I told them that I had, had panic attacks and they put me on valuim and I have never had those feelings again.

Closed Thread