It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Excessive yawning, inability to take a deep breath???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-01-2005, 07:25 AM   #1
    bella_violet
    (female)

bella_violet HB User
    Excessive yawning, inability to take a deep breath???

I've been having these symptoms for approx. the last 2-4 months and am beginning to wonder if it's all in my head.

I spoke to my Dr. about it and and she brushed right past the issue saying simply that I was fine.

In the last 6 months I've lost over 45 pounds...and am also wondering if this might be related. I'm also a vegetarian (strict) so I'm kind of thinking this could be a vitamin/nutrient deficiency perhaps? I recently began taking a super B-12 supplement in addition to my regular vitamins and did notice a change in my energy level, but unfortunatly no change in this arena...

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance for any help..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2005, 08:00 PM   #2
    CTmom
    (female)

CTmom HB User
    Re: Excessive yawning, inability to take a deep breath???

Has your doctor done any blood work? Has he checked your thyroid levels? When I was hyperthyroid I had dramatic weight loss and when I was hypothyroid I had repeated yawning and a sensation of wanting to catch my breath. My doctor wasn't sure about the yawning symptoms being related, but as soon as my thryoid levels straightened out they went away. Boy, it was annoying and I thought I was going crazy. Good luck!

Old 12-06-2005, 06:51 AM   #3
    bella_violet
    (female)

bella_violet HB User
    Re: Excessive yawning, inability to take a deep breath???

Quote:
    Originally Posted by CTmom
    Has your doctor done any blood work? Has he checked your thyroid levels? When I was hyperthyroid I had dramatic weight loss and when I was hypothyroid I had repeated yawning and a sensation of wanting to catch my breath. My doctor wasn't sure about the yawning symptoms being related, but as soon as my thryoid levels straightened out they went away. Boy, it was annoying and I thought I was going crazy. Good luck!
    Thanks for responding!

My Dr. didn't do any bloodwork...she just sort of brushed past the whole issue...

My weight loss has been a very deliberate act though (I changed my entire lifestyle to lose the weight) so I'm not sure it my thyroid would be involved...but it's probably a good idea to have it checked regardless cuz I've seen hyperthyroidism related to excessive yawning elsewhere too...

Yea, it really is annoying lol...and everyone else seems to think I'm going crazy!

Thanks!

Closed Thread