It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Swollen lymph nodes

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-03-2005, 08:41 PM   #1
    lilbear1978
    (female)

lilbear1978 HB User
    Swollen lymph nodes

I also for the past month have been having horrible ongoing pain which has made me faint a few times. On Nov. 11th I had an ovarian cyst rupture. Since then I have been in pain from the bottom of my ribs down to my pelvis. I also have had a fever since then that ranges from 98.9 -101.5. I have gone to the doctor for the pain and he has done numorous test and nothing. The whites of my eys are starting to turn a little yellow also my lymph nodes behind my ears, in my arm pits and in my groin area a swollen but no pain in them. I don't know what is going on...my white blood count is high 16.0 and my plattlet count is 585...I can't seem to get an answer from my own physician maybe someone on here could give me something to maybe suggest to my dr.

Last edited by Administrator; 12-04-2005 at 11:59 AM. Reason: I split your post from someone else's thread: please always start your own thread for your questions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2005, 01:17 PM   #2
    DX-
    (female)

DX- HB User
    Re: Swollen lymph nodes

Lil Bear,

Get yourself to another doctor for a second opinion. There are any number of problems you could have, and unless your doctor is willing to discuss possibilities with you, and steer you in some of the right directions to learn about them, then you should run, not walk, to another doctor.

Old 12-04-2005, 05:19 PM   #3
    lilbear1978
    (female)

lilbear1978 HB User

Thank you very much tomorrow I will make an appointment with another dr. Things just didn't seem right. My doctor had my lab results right infront of him. He sat there and told me that my white blood count was over 16.0 and my platelet count was 585...Also my urine test came back with proteins in them and pus...Thank you for you advice...Hopefully they will find out something having a fever for this long and pain for this long is certainly tiring.

Old 12-05-2005, 12:18 PM   #4
    lilbear1978
    (female)

lilbear1978 HB User
    Unhappy Re: Swollen lymph nodes

It is me lilbear again...I am unable to find a dr. in my area that will take a new patient...I am wondering if I should just go to the urgent care facility in my neighbourhood to try and find out what is going on...I still have a fever the last time i checked which was 1 hour ago it was 100.9...my dr check my bilorubin and it came back normal...i asked him to check my white blood count again and my platlets to see if they were still high and he said no...what kind of dr. is this...I don't know what to do.

Old 12-05-2005, 07:06 PM   #5
    DX-
    (female)

DX- HB User

Lilbear,

Yes -- if you have an urgent care center, give it a shot. They will have to run some tests, and then they will refer you -- and that gives you a foot in the door to a new doctor.

You can also drop into an emergency room, although make sure you check out the insurance ramifications of doing that.

What size town or city do you live in? Is it worth it to try to find a doctor who's in the next town? Or one who practices at a hospital that's not where you are?

Whatever you can do to be seen by someone else makes a lot of sense.

Good luck....

Old 01-11-2006, 07:24 PM   #6
    jellyfishattack
    (female)

jellyfishattack HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lilbear1978
    Since then I have been in pain from the bottom of my ribs down to my pelvis. I also have had a fever since then that ranges from 98.9 -101.5. I have gone to the doctor for the pain and he has done numorous test and nothing. The whites of my eys are starting to turn a little yellow also my lymph nodes behind my ears, in my arm pits and in my groin area a swollen but no pain in them.
    you have some alarming symptoms!

yellow eyes may be caused by: anemia, hepatitis, gallstones, congenital syphillis, jaundice, liver cancer, pancreatic cancer, Primary biliary cirrhosis,
    Primary sclerosing cholangitis, Sickle Cell Anemia, Viral Hepatitis, Wilson's Disease, Yellow fever, gall bladder cancer, bile duct cancer, leptosirosis, liver cancer, malaria, primary sclerosing cholangitis, q fever, typhoid, bile duct cancer, hemachromatosis, hodgkin's disease, weil's syndrome, fascilolitis.

swollen lymph nodes (groin, armpits, neck) may be caused by:Common cold
    Infections, viruses, Mononucleosis,Tonsilitis, Lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease,
    Leukemia, Tuberculosis, Sarcoidosis,Toxoplasmosis, Secondary syphilis, Yaws,
    Cat scratch fever, Lymphatic obstruction, African Sleeping sickness,
    Autoimmune Lymphoproliferative Syndrome, Barmah Forest virus, Bartholin's abscess, Bubonic plague, Cat scratch disease, Cellulitis, Chagas disease, generalized lymphadenopathy, Chancroid , Chronic Granulomatous Disease, Common Variable Immunodeficiency, Cytomegalovirus, Dengue fever, Diphtheria, Gingivostomatitis, HIV/AIDS, Hodgkin's Disease, Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, Kawasaki disease, Leishmaniasis, Leukemia, Listeriosis, Lupus, Lyme disease, Lymphatic Filariasis, lymphedema, lymphogranuloma venereum, Lymphoma, Mesenteric Adenitis, Mononucleosis, Neuronal Migration Disorders, Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma, Pharyngitis, Plague, Queensland tick typhus, Quinsy, Respiratory diphtheria, rubella, Scarlet fever, Serum sickness Syphilis, Thyroid cancer, West Nile fever, Whipple's Disease.

your fever and swollen lymph nodes might be related to your burst cyst, but your pain and yellow eyes probably aren't, so i would go to a hospital. yellow eyes, abdominal pain, and fever would make me very worried.

Closed Thread