It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• twitching under the tongue

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-04-2005, 03:18 PM   #1
    always fearful
    (female)

always fearful HB User
    Angry twitching under the tongue

hi ! iam having some weird things go on ever since i went on thyroid medication. i have talked to the endo , my primary, and neuoroligist, i started out with all this twitching in my face and it felt like i had dust on my face, just enough to want to keep me brushing at my face , so i told my primary and he lower my dose of levoxyl at my request. then i started with this sound in my ear thst sounded like blood going through and artery, i had a ct which was fine i had an mri 2 yrs ago for all the twitchin in my eyelids and face and that was ok, now i have had some twitching under my tongue that scares me to death, it is real quick and when it happens i feel a lot of anixety but i think that is because i get so scared, it did on 11/9 and i went to the neuro , he had no idea what it was and it did it again this week , lost at what this could be or what is causing it. any info would be helpful

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2005, 06:24 PM   #2
    Misty800
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
    Re: twitching under the tongue

Sounds like your nervous system has been affected by the thyroid medication. Was your prescription by chance filled using the generic? If so, you may not be getting the same dosage or you may have a reaction to the filler.

Check and see if it is a generic, call your pharmacy.

Old 12-08-2005, 04:02 AM   #3
    always fearful
    (female)

always fearful HB User
    Re: twitching under the tongue

thanks misty, i have talked to the dr about that but beacause it is not an everyday thing they really don't think that is what it is. i have been trying to see what i was doing at the time when it happened so i can try to pinpoint something. i do know that last month it was right before i started my period and this month it was the same way however i was eating this time when it happened and something had got stuck in my tooth so i was using my tongue to try to get it out so i don't know if that did it or not. thanks!

Closed Thread