It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Fell down stairs

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-24-2006, 11:53 PM   #1
    Naiyahurt
    (female)

Naiyahurt HB User
    Fell down stairs

I fell down my stairs and hurt my butt.i cant sit or stand up without taking a deep breath.i can only lay on my side.it aches and motrin doesnt help.could it be serious?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2006, 01:11 AM   #2
    kehorner
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB User
    Re: Fell down stairs

Does it hurt on the side, like where there's muscle and fat, or does it hurt in the middle? If it's just on the side, then it's probably just going to be a very bad bruise, and you should ice it and take ibuprofen for inflammation. If it hurts in the middle, it's possible that you broke your tailbone. You can go to the doctor and get it checked out, but I'm not sure that there's much they can do besides give you one of those donut pillows to sit on.

Old 01-25-2006, 12:46 PM   #3
    Naiyahurt
    (female)

Naiyahurt HB User

Yes it hurts directly in the middle.i fell saturday and it feels like it may be swelling a bit.

Old 01-25-2006, 09:15 PM   #4
    ImTheLucky1
    (female)

ImTheLucky1 HB User

Naiyahurt,

Hate to be the one to tell you sweetie, but it's REAL likely you broke your tailbone. and there's not a thing in the world you can do about it. I've broke mine not once, but twice. (Once in child birth ((weird, huh?)) and once one ice) call your doctor- they may want to xray to be positive but really all they can do is offer you something better than OTC for the pain. Almost impossible I know but try to stay off of it- no sitting.

Hope you feel better soon!

Old 01-26-2006, 09:51 AM   #5
    Naiyahurt
    (female)

Naiyahurt HB User

When you hurt your tailbone were you in moderate pain or lots of pain.i can sit but i have to lean forward.i cant sit back at all.

Old 01-26-2006, 04:53 PM   #6
    ImTheLucky1
    (female)

ImTheLucky1 HB User

Well, actually the first time I broke it I was in a lot of pain but I had just had a baby so I thought it was normal. I didn't know I had broke my tail bone until almost a year later.
    The second time, when I fell- Oh My Gawd! It was terrible! I was purposefully sliding on the ice (like an idiot ) and my feet came completely out from under me. I fell, straight down, all of my body weight on my behind. I was in agony for the first 10 hrs. Then it started to ease up a bit. I called my dr. and he gave me a 'script for pain pills. Wasn't too bad after that. I remember that when I sit I had to kind of sit on my hip, you know, to the side, leaning over. I don't really recall how long it hurt. But it wasn't very long. A chiropractor told me it was the cause of my back pain but my dr. told me that was ridiculous- so I don't know. I do know that I'm not able to do standard sit-up's now. Hurts too bad.

It'll get better soon, have you talked to your dr?

Old 01-26-2006, 07:48 PM   #7
    Naiyahurt
    (female)

Naiyahurt HB User

no i havent gone yet.i know i should.i have to sit on the side or lean forward.when i first fell it only hurt a little.but a bout 7 hours later there was PAIN.

Old 01-29-2006, 08:11 AM   #8
    ImTheLucky1
    (female)

ImTheLucky1 HB User

Well, go see your dr. He might can do something for you. You know, it's been about 6 yrs. since I fell. Maybe they have something they can do about it now. At least call and tell them what happened.

Closed Thread