It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Hip, Back, Knee, & Ankle pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-14-2006, 10:15 AM   #1
    stevennat
    (male)

stevennat HB User
    Hip, Back, Knee, & Ankle pain

I have had some pain in my lower back, I was assuming a typical sciatica problem. Then I started getting a swollen right knee, stiffness and very tender. I assumed this was cause by the favorable walking brought on by my sciatica problem. Now the pain has developed in both of my hip regions, it feels as if a quick shock runs through when I step a certain way, and to make matters worse, now I am having pain swelling and soreness in my ankle? Is this a case of athritis, any advice, suggestion how to tolerate the pain?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2006, 06:10 AM   #2
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
    Re: Hip, Back, Knee, & Ankle pain

Have you been to a doc for this or seen an ortho yet?any MRIs done on the lumbar area?if not i would highly suggest you get one.all of the problems you are currently dealing with could very well all be stemming from some sort of issue lying within the lumbar area.There could be many other possibilities as well,but the MRI really would tell you alot about whats up in the low back area,and the very best place to start your search for the underlying reason or reasons for your pain and swelling.it could all be comming from one particular problem or more than one issue,but the MRI is the best starting point and then go from there.please keep me posted on what you find out.
    Are you being treated for your pain issues at this point?If not,that can also be adressed by your doc.the longer you let pain go without trying to control it,the more pain issues that could develop later on.good luck,**

Closed Thread