It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Bruises Bruises and more Bruises!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-17-2006, 09:37 PM   #1
    Ladytaxi
    (female)

Ladytaxi HB User
    Question Bruises Bruises and more Bruises!

My daughter told me she was getting bruises on her legs, and doesn't have any idea where they are coming from. I assumed they were just small ones.

Last night she e-mailed me pictures! She had some very good sized ones on her inner thigh and one on her calf. Then there were several small ones all up and down her legs. She says she woke up and found some of the small ones that morning.

Can anyone tell me what might cause something like that? I told her to see a doctor, but you know how kids are. She said she will, but she didn't today.

I asked her to check for diabetes. But not sure what it could be. Any help would be appreciated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Smiles R Free
    My Love is the Freeway!
    God is my Pilot!
    Nancy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2006, 10:12 PM   #2
    kehorner
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB User
    Re: Bruises Bruises and more Bruises!

She needs to get bloodwork done ASAP! It could be something very minor, but it can also be some very serious things. Minor things include vitamin deficiencies (B12, K, etc.). But bruising can also be a sign of leukemia or a rare blood disorder where the spleen destroys the platelets (idiopathic thrombocytopenia). It could very well be nothing at all, or nothing serious, but you want to get it checked out right away in case it is something that needs treatment.

Old 04-18-2006, 05:52 AM   #3
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

A HUGE ditto on what kehorner just posted to you.brusing that just suddenly appears without any real reason for it,does need to be looked into with some blood work to start.something is very obviously going on here and you need to find the reason/cause.just doing some very basic bloodwork will tell you alot and possibly give answers to the reasons for the bruising,or let the doc know just what needs to be tested or evaluated in much more detail. please keep us posted on what you find out.**

Old 04-18-2006, 07:20 AM   #4
    Ladytaxi
    (female)

Ladytaxi HB User

Thank you for the information. She is living in Hawaii, so I can't call her this early, but I will call her as soon as I can. I will let you know what happens. Thank you for the speedy replies! I would never have thought about leukemia. Thank you so much for the help!
    Have a Great Day!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Smiles R Free
    My Love is the Freeway!
    God is my Pilot!
    Nancy

Closed Thread