It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Healthy 37 year old female, Low Triglycerides and High LDL

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-14-2006, 12:11 PM   #1
    LisaT37
    (female)

LisaT37 HB User
    Arrow Healthy 37 year old female, Low Triglycerides and High LDL

Hi,

I've recently received my blood work results that indicated a fasting low triglyceride level of 58 while my LDL level 227. I do not know what my glucose level is.

I am in pretty good shape, 5'5 1/2, 126 pounds, work out fairly regularly. I eat eggs every day and more of a high protein, high fat, low carb diet.

Initially I was concerned about my high cholesterol, but after doing some research, I read that such a diet can give you higher levels of LDL. Can anyone tell me the implications of these blood results and if I should be concerned?

I am mostly interested in any recent studies that talk about low TG levels associated with high LDLs. It doesn't look like much is out on the internet and seems like there is a shift of traditional thinking with regards to evaluation of cholesteral and correlating cardiovascular implications.

Help!

Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2006, 12:27 PM   #2
    auntjudyg
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

auntjudyg HB User
    Re: Healthy 37 year old female, Low Triglycerides and High LDL

What is your HDL level?

There are those (Weston A. Price Foundation types, for example) who do not think that relatively higher levels of cholesterol are much of a concern.

Closed Thread