It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Skin rash/bruising on calves-ankles

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-18-2006, 01:24 PM   #1
    beatlejoel
    (male)

beatlejoel HB User
    Skin rash/bruising on calves-ankles

We noticed what looks to be sunburnish or rash on my son's legs/calves. It is smooth to the touch and has little pain. It almost looks like busted blood vessels or bruising.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    steve

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2006, 11:04 PM   #2
    Sun Flower
    (female)

Sun Flower HB User
    Re: Skin rash/bruising on calves-ankles

There is an allergic reaction known as Allergic Purpura. Kind of sounds like what you are describing, but might not be. This condition is known to cause a reddish purple rash. Allergic purpura is caused by an autoimmune response. Antibodies are deposited in the small blood vessels throughout the body which leads to inflammation of the vessels and the characteristic skin lesions that mainly involved the legs and buttocks. The allergic trigger is not known, but attacks frequently follow an upper-respiratory infection or the use of some drugs, especially sulfa drugs.

The best thing to do would be to take him to see a doctor. Only a doc can give you a definite diagnose.

Sun Flower

Closed Thread