It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• lump under left clavicle

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-27-2006, 07:20 AM   #1
    symber
    (female)

symber HB User
    lump under left clavicle

hello, i need help,,ive had a lump under left clacicle since june,started out small,now its big,and has grown deep into my chest,it doest hurt....my dr,dosent know what it is,sent me finally after my insistiance.to a surgen,he sent me last week for a ct scan,,which my dr should have done months ago,,anyway so now im waiting to hear from him...oh i had an ultra sound came back..unknown mass ????? i know i need a biopsy,,can someone help me,thank you ,,,,symber what could it be

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2006, 02:55 PM   #2
    DX-
    (female)

DX- HB User
    Re: lump under left clavicle

Symber,

There's not much to learn until you get a diagnosis. The biopsy will tell you what you can look up. Ask them for copies of the test results, and look up the words that you don't understand.

Once you have the results of the biopsy, be sure to look it up online, then find out what ALL your options are for treatment -- not just the one option your doctor gives you.

If they tell you that you need surgery, then make sure you get a second opinion. Take copies of all your records and test results to the second opinion doctor.

Old 11-08-2006, 05:02 AM   #3
    pichuu123
    (female)

pichuu123 HB User
    Re: lump under left clavicle

It sounds like an abcess of some kind...recently I had the same thing however I was in extreme pain for two days before I went to the dr.s it turned out to be Osteomeylitis which ended up with an infection in the bone, the infection had reach my left clavical and a rib and the sternum was infected as well.
    I'm not saying this is what you have at all, but since mine happened in Dec. '05 and surgery was in Jan. '06 this is still bothering me I'm seeing a pain management doctor and my primary dr. has just started me on a new pain med called Neurontin which I understand is for epilepsy,but by chance it was found to be useful for diabetics with leg pain....the only way the dr.s found my infection was through an MRI even after many bone scans the ONLY way was the MRI, perhaps you can check with your dr. if after the your bone scan you still have questions and you still have a mass.
    I did have a mass but it was very deep inside my chest and in the bones as well....was on antibiotics for awhile after.
    I wish you the best and good luck.

Closed Thread