It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Serious butt cheek pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-06-2006, 06:34 PM   #1
    BlazeEagle
    (male)

BlazeEagle HB User
    Serious butt cheek pain

I have serious pain in my left butt cheek[sometimes right cheeck as well]. I'm temporally bed ridden because getting very sick complicated my Duchenne's muscular dystrophy.

This describes the pain -

It makes my eyes water & blur, it also makes me moan, curse and cry. An air filled mattress overlay helps relieve some of the pain because it alternates my position. I also take tylenol for the pain.

Any advice will help. It's driving my Mother & Me nearly crazy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2006, 10:15 PM   #2
    gardenandcats
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User
    Re: Serious butt cheek pain

Could you be getting a bed sore?

Old 11-06-2006, 10:34 PM   #3
    VanRanger
    (male)

VanRanger HB User

Hello, I was scanning through some of the forums and came across your post, it caught my eye, as my Mother has several health problems, and I have a little experience in healthcare. Mostly from taking care of her as she spends much of her time in the bed, and because Iíll be taking some medical courses, plus I do extensive research constantly on the subject matter. Now I don't claim to be an expert, but I think I know what you are describing, as my Mother, and myself have the same type of problem, or at least similar sounding problems. Now the best way to describe the pain is burning, and sharp, however at the same time to the touch, and even the pain itself is numb. The pain isn't always constant at least not for me, but increases as one sits in one place for too long, for me this would be either while driving, or sitting at the computer. It doesn't sound like a bedsore to me, as with all sores it could clearly be visible on the skin, usually being red from irritation. Please tell me if I am correct in describing the said pain you are having.

Old 11-07-2006, 12:13 PM   #4
    rbecca
    (female)

rbecca HB User

Hello,

I also stumbled upon your post and have a little experience here,(I take care of a good friend who is bedridden). I have two thoughts:

1) If there aren't any contraindications with the current medications you take(besides Tylenol- other prescriptions and over the counter things), it might be a good idea to try an anti-inflamitory for the pain, like Advil.
    Just call your pharmacy and ask to speak to the pharmacist,give them all your med info and they'll tell you if it is OK for you to take Advil, or maybe Alleve**there are seroius issues if you take a "Statin" med for high cholesterol & then try Alleve,for instance**.

2) With prolonged bedrest, as it seems you are familiar with, sometimes,even with the special matress, it can affect your back,putting extra pressure on certain nerves. This can result in terrible pain,both regular and irregular.
    If you haven't called your doc yet, you might want to, and explain the pain.They may reccomend that your leggs be elevated for certain periods of time, and other positioning throughout the day/night with pillows to alleviate some of the pain and pressure on stubbord/sensative nerves.

I hope this might help you,and I really wish "spell check" was available here

Feel better, Becca

Closed Thread