It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Constant Retching-please Help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-18-2006, 04:47 PM   #1
    ej6527
    (male)

ej6527 HB User
    Constant Retching-please Help!

Hello,
    I have a problem that no one has been able to solve. I always, and i mean always, gag and retch after I eat a meal. I have had numerous tests done. I do not have food allergies. All GI studies are normal. I get these symptoms soon after I eat, just constant retching. I also get these symptoms when I wake up early in the morning. SOmedays its as bad as 20-30x per day where i retch. I have tried all kinds of meds including donatal, muscle relaxers, amitryiptiline. Please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2006, 01:09 AM   #2
    StrongBow103
    Inactive
    (male)

StrongBow103 HB User
    Re: Constant Retching-please Help!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ej6527
    Hello,
    I have a problem that no one has been able to solve. I always, and i mean always, gag and retch after I eat a meal. I have had numerous tests done. I do not have food allergies. All GI studies are normal. I get these symptoms soon after I eat, just constant retching. I also get these symptoms when I wake up early in the morning. SOmedays its as bad as 20-30x per day where i retch. I have tried all kinds of meds including donatal, muscle relaxers, amitryiptiline. Please help!
    Are you a smoker, and if you are, do you smoke right after eating? I heave when I smoke to much. I have to wait about forty mins after my last ***, to light another or I`ll be sick. It could be that simple. I`ve never met anyone like me, who heaves after smoking..

Old 11-20-2006, 03:18 PM   #3
    laurah49201
    Inactive
    (female)

laurah49201 HB User

hello!!! i too have the problem of gaging or vomiting if i smoke to early and dont get enough sleep this happens to me...i to feel like it may be a nervous feeling to me..im only 30yrs old but this has been happing to me since a child,good luck

Old 11-21-2006, 06:28 PM   #4
    ej6527
    (male)

ej6527 HB User

Hello
    Thanks for the replies. I am NOT a smoker. I am very healthy otherwise. I am always nauseated after eating a meal, and gag/retch after eating all the time. It can never go one day without it. It lasts for a few mins, then goes away. I have tried all the GI meds, all GI studies negative. Not sure what to do, I wont be able to work like this, it makes me too tired . P,LEASE HELP

Closed Thread