It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Burns / scars (?) from Compound W "Freeze-off"

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-28-2006, 08:19 PM   #1
    spikehead42
    (male)

spikehead42 HB User
    Burns / scars (?) from Compound W "Freeze-off"

First off, I know this was posted in another area, but I'm new to the boards and I feel this question has a wider-range than the board I put it under first. So if you've already read it, feel free to skip:

As I posted elsewhere, I have HPV (warts), and while I no longer have large outbreaks, I occasionally get very small warts on my legs and butt. Typically, I go to a doctor to have it cryo-treated, but I was unable to recently and decided to try the Compound W "Freeze off" product. I know that it is not officially approved for genital warts, but I've read in other posts of people with success using it.

My problem is that my warts were so small I froze a good area of healthy tissue around them. Now I have pretty horrible looking lesions, and while I'm sure they will heal up, I'm concerned that they will leave marks or scars.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Do I need to be worried about it, and is there some anti-scarring medication I should be using, or will this most likely clear up over time? It's only been a few days, and I'm not in a lot of pain, but the lesions looks pretty bad - people would probably assume I have herpes looking at them.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread