It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Muscle pain or pinched nerve?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-09-2006, 06:26 PM   #1
    KerryT
    (female)

KerryT HB UserKerryT HB User
    Question Muscle pain or pinched nerve?

Well I couldn't find a forum for this subject so here goes: Two mornings ago I woke up with a painful shoulder blade and stiff neck. I just figured I slept on it wrong. But throughout the day the pain would shoot from my right shoulder, up my neck and up into my temple and ear area. I didn't think a muscle problem in the shoulder blade would effect the side of my head, so now I'm wondering if I pinched a nerve. I know zip about the nervous system structure -- so do we have nerves that extend upwards fro the shoulder like that? I am still a bit sore and if I move my neck a certain way I get that shooting pain into my head. I applied a ThermoWrap the first day to my back, and am taking Tylenol since. Any insight from anyone would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2006, 06:42 PM   #2
    huffnpuff
    (female)

huffnpuff HB User
    Re: Muscle pain or pinched nerve?

It does sound like a pinched nerve probably coming off of your neck or back. I get this a lot, just from sleeping wrong, something I did during the day, etc. Those pain patches are a blessing, aren't they? There is also something my doctor recommended, Pain Bust RII, extra strength that really does the job. It's just a rub-on thing. Of course, if it persists more than a week, have a doc look at it. Good luck.

Last edited by huffnpuff; 12-09-2006 at 06:43 PM.

Old 12-09-2006, 08:26 PM   #3
    BioAdoptMom3
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BioAdoptMom3 HB User
    Re: Muscle pain or pinched nerve?

I have had the same thing twice in the past year and a half or so, and I know it is so painful. If you can take Aleve or Motrin though, those tend to work a lot better than Tylenol. I agree also that if it lasts more than a week, or for longer than you can stand it, see a doctor. I also had good results from a chiropractor who used computer type technology to adjust me. The only thing with that route though is that it tends to take longer to work than some of the treatments a medical doctor can offer.

Nancy

Closed Thread