It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Lump on abdomen

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-10-2006, 09:52 AM   #1
    mandragora
    (female)

mandragora HB User
    Lump on abdomen

Hello, i'm new here, basically this seemed like a good place for me to bring this question and ill explain why in a moment.

I'm 20 years old, wouldnt say I feel the best of health but nonetheless I am young so I feel like this probably isnt an issue. I have found a fairly large lump on my upper left abdomen, firstly I may have noticed it since a few months ago, but i told myself it was nothing. I dont know how long its been there before that, but since a few days i felt it again due to a mild pain in the area and the lump is notably larger now, undeniably abnormal now.

You are probably thinking why dont i go to the doctor instead of posting a message but the problem is i REALLY dislike doctors, phobia pretty much, I dont want to go unless i really feel its necessary. I know that sounds stupid... but basically i havent had any major symptoms lately and im young. So im right to not worry about a lump in that area? Im guessing it could be anything, I dont know that much about health but my guess it is definetly not something serious because im 20. Can I ignore it unless it gets worse?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2006, 10:20 AM   #2
    jmaynard
    (female)

jmaynard HB User
    Re: Lump on abdomen

i too have a lump on my left side. i have not had it looked @yet, but plan too. i have notice changes with my health and don't know if it's from the lump.i find myself fatigued, craving sweets and salty foods, constantly getting sick,abnormal periods,pain somtimes from lump.(never did before) and night sweats. also excessive urination.

Old 12-10-2006, 10:26 AM   #3
    ozzybug
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB User

Mandragora-
    Believe me, you are deffinately not alone when it comes to disliking going to see the doctor. My dad HATES going to the doctor and because of that almost cost himself his life several years ago. He had been severely ill for several weeks and lost tons of weight, and really looked like he was about to die, so my mom forcibly took him to the ER and come to find out, he was deathly ill because he had rocky mountain spotted fever and viral pneumonia too. Doctor said he probably would have died in his sleep that night had my mom not taken him.

Sorry to go off subject. Anyway, the only advice I will give you is that if that lump has become painful and is now noticeably larger, you really do need to see a doctor. This could be something very simple to take care of. If it is something that needs attention, better to have it taken care of sooner rather than later. I'm not saying this is something major, but any time you notice any kind of "lump" that wasn't there before, has been around for a couple of months, has grown and/or even become painful, it's time to see a doctor.

Please make an appointment and have it looked at. Keep us posted. Take care of you!!

Old 12-12-2006, 05:39 AM   #4
    mandragora
    (female)

mandragora HB User

Thankyou for the response, I will go to the doctor first thing after christmas if it doesnt get any better. Thanks again.

Closed Thread