It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Hypertension, and slight MVP

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-05-2007, 08:43 AM   #1
    ethellou
    (female)

ethellou HB User
    Hypertension, and slight MVP

Hello, I am a new HealthBoards reader and I have a question. I will appreciate anyone that will answer. Over 3 months ago my B/P started to go up from 130/80 to 170/80. My Dr. tried Cozaar, did not work, tried Hyzaar, worked for a few days and again the numbers raised up. I had cardiogram and heart cath, my arteries are not clogged and there they saw a slight MVP. The Dr. decided to put me on Toprol XL 50 mg. 1 time a day. to slow down a little the heart and she was sure that it will help with the B/P. She also prescribed .25 mg of Xanax to cut it in half, when I feel stressed. Well I am taking Toprol XL for 16 days and my B/P is up to 180/85 lately. I also take 1 Niacin for cholesterol a day.
    Why no medicine helps my B/P. It starts to worry me a lot now it is almost 3 monts, and that does not make it any better. Is any one had this kind of experience? I will appreciate any suggestions.
    Ethellou.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Pulmonary Hypertension accessn12 Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD 53 05-01-2011 05:31 AM
    Reducing heart rate with beta blockers in hypertension is it harmful or Atenolol? ACE28 High & Low Blood Pressure 51 03-18-2010 05:03 PM
    I'm 16 Years Old and have Hypertension risetothetop High & Low Blood Pressure 5 07-27-2008 04:24 AM
    Desperate 26yr Male - Sudden onset of Hypertension 1 month ago. kerry4 High & Low Blood Pressure 53 08-30-2007 08:51 PM
    Hypertension in an 8 year old! Help!! Nikkigw High & Low Blood Pressure 8 08-08-2007 08:10 AM
    Symptoms of Hypertension... ? farooqjeewani High & Low Blood Pressure 1 01-29-2007 02:47 PM
    Pulmonary Hypertension? charcey Lung & Respiratory Disorders / COPD 1 12-13-2005 07:44 AM
    Scarred smaller right kidney leading to hypertension rajib Kidney Disorders 18 12-30-2003 10:19 PM