It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Hyperhidrosis and Robinul

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-07-2007, 02:31 PM   #1
    CandiceD
    (female)

CandiceD HB User
    Question Hyperhidrosis and Robinul

I have recently been diagnosed with hyperhidrosis, although I've had it for as long as I can remember. Most of what I have read on the topic relates to hands and feet, and armpits. I have scalp and facial hyperhidrosis and was prescribed Robinul today. I am wondering if there is anyone out there who experiences this profuse and uncomfortable sweating, and/or if anyone has taken Robinul and had success/side-effects...etc.
    Any help is appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2007, 05:11 PM   #2
    AmandaH
    (female)

AmandaH HB User
    Re: Hyperhidrosis and Robinul

My son was on Robinul for a few years to control excessive saliva as a result of not swallowing. The side effects he experienced were constipation, sensivity to sunlight, and difficulty coughing up thick mucus. The side effects subsided after a few months, but returned each time we had to increase his dosage. Good luck!

Old 02-07-2007, 05:43 PM   #3
    CandiceD
    (female)

CandiceD HB User
    Smile Re: Hyperhidrosis and Robinul

Amanda
    Thank you for your information. I wasn't aware of some of the side-effects you listed, but everyone is different and it is still very good to know what I may encounter. I was aware of constipation, however, and since I had my gallbladder taken out five years ago I really don't mind that possible side-effect!
    What dosage was your son on, may I ask? I'm starting with 1 mg daily, and will work my way up to three if I need it. Honestly I feel less sweaty after ONE dose. Is that even possible?? If it's "in my head", then so be it.
    Thanks!

Old 02-08-2007, 06:38 AM   #4
    AmandaH
    (female)

AmandaH HB User
    Re: Hyperhidrosis and Robinul

Candice, I'm glad to hear Robinul is working for you! My son started out on .2mg/2 times a day and went up to about 2 mg/2-3 times a day.

Closed Thread