It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Loose tendon in finger and buzzing sensation in hand

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-09-2007, 05:59 PM   #1
    canuck1
    (female)

canuck1 HB User
    Loose tendon in finger and buzzing sensation in hand

For the past two months, my little finger, left hand, has partially dislocated three times, middle joint. This finger has been injured about 6-8 times in the past year, two minor cracks, 1 other partial dislocation, other times never sought medical help.

Anyways I headed to a clinic that specializes in fractures, cuts etc. The doctor who recently examined me, about 2 weeks ago, said that the tendon on the right side of my little finger (facing the ring finger), is loose. He buddy taped them together and I go back in about 10 days for a follow up.

Well since this last dislocation I am experiencing a buzzing sensation in the palm of my hand just below little, ring finger and it hasn't stopped. Once or twice my little finger twitched.

Back in April 2006 I had ulnar nerve compression surgery on my left elbow. Prior to surgery I had the same buzzing sensations in my elbow and was told that is typical of the ulnar nerve being compressed. The surgeon did find alot of scar tissue in my elbow. After surgery, the buzzing was relieved.

So now that buzzing is back, since this most recent finger injury. I am wondering if the dislocation disrupted the ulnar nerve or if there is scar tissue in my finger causing this?

Also with the loose tendon.. can this be strengthened through physiotherapy? Someone told me that tendons cannot be strengthened, only muscles and liagments? What can be done for a loose tendon?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread