It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• nausea

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-21-2007, 10:02 PM   #1
    AccousticHearin
    (male)

AccousticHearin HB User
    nausea

What could be the reason for having prolonged nausea without any other symptoms?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2007, 08:36 AM   #2
    BrandyBobs Lady
    (female)

BrandyBobs Lady HB User
    Re: nausea

Are you taking any form of prescription or non-prescription drugs? If you are check the side effects...nausea is the most common side effect.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:04 AM   #3
    AccousticHearin
    (male)

AccousticHearin HB User

no i am not taking any prescription or OTC drugs.

Old 02-22-2007, 12:44 PM   #4
    plasva
    Veteran
    (female)

plasva HB User

Are you taking any vitamins or supplements? (For example, a multivitamin can cause nausea.)
    Could you be dehydrated?
    Is there any time of the day when it gets better or worse?
    How long have you had this?

Old 02-22-2007, 10:05 PM   #5
    Seraph
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

Is it like seasickness? It could be your ears

Old 02-24-2007, 07:17 AM   #6
    Baybreeze
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

Is nausea the only symptom you're having? Or do you notice other symptoms going on that you might not have enough thought about? Of course there are so many different things that can nausea like stomach or gi problems, ear problems, various organ problems, stress, autoimmune problems, etc...

I personally have had bouts of nausea & vomiting, many times coming on very suddenly. I could eat one bite of something & before it's even all the way down, it comes right out, and this was without any kind of stomach pains. What I did notice over the years is that these bouts would occur when I had lupus flares. That was the only correlation I ever noticed. WHen my flare was gone & I was feeling normal again, the nausea went away along with all my other symptoms. I have never been told its caused by my lupus, this is just my own theory by keeping tabs on when it happens, etc..and this topic has come up on the lupus boards and it seems quite a few others have had the nausea as well. But lupus has a wide array of different symptoms and problems & this is not to say this is what you have. If nausea is your only symptom, then it would not be lupus..and probably would not be any other autoimmune disease (well, unless maybe it's related to a GI type au disease, though I dont have knowledge of those).

If your nausea keeps up and/or if you start getting hoarse or your throat starts hurting, etc...it would probably be best to see a doctor b/c there's so many different reasons for nausea.

Old 02-24-2007, 11:07 AM   #7
    AccousticHearin
    (male)

AccousticHearin HB User

the other thing is that it feels as though i can push the gas in my large intestines with my hands....and now i havent had a BM in like 4 days...i went to my doctor and he said it could be an ulcer and he put me on zantac 75 to see. any ideas on how to releive my constipation?

Old 02-24-2007, 11:51 AM   #8
    Linda_in_NJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Linda_in_NJ HB User

Constipation can cause nausea. Try an over the counter laxative. That should relieve the constipation.

Old 02-24-2007, 06:32 PM   #9
    AccousticHearin
    (male)

AccousticHearin HB User

i think what ill do first is try eating a diet high in soluable fibre to see if that helps then i might go for the OTC laxitive

Old 03-01-2007, 11:31 AM   #10
    Tammie Widener
    (female)

Tammie Widener HB User
    Thumbs up Re: nausea

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Baybreeze View Post
    Is nausea the only symptom you're having? Or do you notice other symptoms going on that you might not have enough thought about? Of course there are so many different things that can nausea like stomach or gi problems, ear problems, various organ problems, stress, autoimmune problems, etc...

I personally have had bouts of nausea & vomiting, many times coming on very suddenly. I could eat one bite of something & before it's even all the way down, it comes right out, and this was without any kind of stomach pains. What I did notice over the years is that these bouts would occur when I had lupus flares. That was the only correlation I ever noticed. WHen my flare was gone & I was feeling normal again, the nausea went away along with all my other symptoms. I have never been told its caused by my lupus, this is just my own theory by keeping tabs on when it happens, etc..and this topic has come up on the lupus boards and it seems quite a few others have had the nausea as well. But lupus has a wide array of different symptoms and problems & this is not to say this is what you have. If nausea is your only symptom, then it would not be lupus..and probably would not be any other autoimmune disease (well, unless maybe it's related to a GI type au disease, though I dont have knowledge of those).

If your nausea keeps up and/or if you start getting hoarse or your throat starts hurting, etc...it would probably be best to see a doctor b/c there's so many different reasons for nausea.
    Hi I experinced extreme nausea symtoms on and off for a long time. I'd eat something and just start throwing up uncontrollably, it would last for about 8 days each time and it happened about every month. I kept going into the emergency room time and time again and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. They took blood time and time again did x rays did cat scans, Ultrasounds, STD Tests and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with me the only thing on the blood tests were high white blood counts. Finally after a year and a half I told the doctors I wasn't leaving the hospital until they figured out what was wrong with me , Finally They figured it out that it was Ovarian Cysts making me sick and . I don't know why it took them so long to figure it out???:mad They did think it was my appendix for a long time, have they checked that and Have You had any STD tests??? I didn't have any it wasn't my cause, but it doesn't hurt to check.

Closed Thread