It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Neck stiffness, awful pain in shoulder, numbness in arm & hand

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-03-2007, 11:21 AM   #1
    sunkat2
    (female)

sunkat2 HB User
    Neck stiffness, awful pain in shoulder, numbness in arm & hand

I woke up last Thursday with terrible pain in my neck. I couldn't turn my head at all. Went to Dr. & chiropractor. Chiro has helped my neck in that I started being able to turn my head that night, but my right shoulder (right under and to the right of the back of my neck) is hurting so bad I almost can't stand it anymore. And although my right arm, hand & fingers have had some numbness since then, about 3 days ago it got worse. I have totally numb places on my upper right arm and in my fingers. I understand this could be a disk problem in my neck, but I didn't do anything to hurt myself. No accident or anything. Just woke up this way. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2007, 11:53 AM   #2
    dustoffkid
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dustoffkid HB Userdustoffkid HB User
    Re: Neck stiffness, awful pain in shoulder, numbness in arm & hand

Unfortunately, disk problems can be like that. No known trauma, and then pow! Suddenly symptomatic.

You really ought to go to a doctor and get an x-ray, make sure there are no fractures in there.

Old 05-03-2007, 09:47 PM   #3
    CatieCupCake
    (female)

CatieCupCake HB User
    Re: Neck stiffness, awful pain in shoulder, numbness in arm & hand

You most definitely SHOULD see a Dr. I have the problem you have and believe that my problem comes from 22 years of phone work without the use of a headset...the Dr I saw said it was repeated injury over the years that is causing this.

Closed Thread