It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Short of breath and heartburn when playing basketball?? Please Help!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-31-2007, 03:09 PM   #1
    thtgrl310
    (female)

thtgrl310 HB User
    Short of breath and heartburn when playing basketball?? Please Help!!

I am a 15 year old girl who plays basketball competitively. A couple games ago during a stressful situation I got short of breath all the sudden and was gasping for air. I had to come out of the game to catch my breath and it took a couple minutes to do so. I also noticed that it felt like there was something in my esophogus and it kind of burned- almost like heartburn. It also felt like I might puke. My mom thought it was because I had gotten over-heated and hadn't ate very much prior to playing. Then, a few days later a basketball practice it was very hot in our gym. I got short of breath again- it was like my lungs couldn't get full of air and once again I was gasping for air. But, I don't remember the heartburn like symptoms. Yesterday at my basketball game the same thing happend to me as the first game: the short of breath and feeling like there was something in my esophogus that burned. I keep burping a lot, which makes me feel better, but this morning after I ate I still had the heartburn. I took some Rolaids, but they didn't help much. Its weird because I have been playing basketball for about 10 years and this has never happend to me before a few nights ago. I have noticed though that all three "episodes" have these things in common: it was hot, I was short of breath, I was under stress, and I had heartburn (except for the second time). I'm not out of shape. My dad has Acid Reflux and takes medication for it- could that be it? Please help me!! Thanks!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread