It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Sprained Ankle Help please

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-28-2007, 05:00 PM   #1
    hooboo
    (male)

hooboo HB User
    Sprained Ankle Help please

Hey I'm new to the forum and have a quick question, not sure if this is the right area for this but here it goes. I sprained my ankle about 3 and a half weeks ago skateboarding. I stayed off it for about 4 - 5 days but I my graduation was that weekend so I walked on it. There wasn't really any pain while I walked on it and there hasnt been much for the past while. However my ankle seems to have a little bit of a bump on it still and im wondering if this is something I should be worried about. Please respond soon, I would like to know whats wrong with it.
    Thank you!

Last edited by hooboo; 06-28-2007 at 05:00 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2007, 04:39 PM   #2
    hooboo
    (male)

hooboo HB User
    Re: Sprained Ankle Help please

Can anyone help me please?

Old 06-29-2007, 04:50 PM   #3
    babyluv45
    (female)

babyluv45 HB User

i would see your doc for an x-ray. maybe you have a hairline fracture?

Last edited by babyluv45; 06-29-2007 at 04:50 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 06-29-2007, 05:02 PM   #4
    butrfligirl28
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

butrfligirl28 HB Userbutrfligirl28 HB User

I agree. Just see your doc to make sure, AND to ease your mind. Never do this again. You can end up causing permanent damage.

Old 06-30-2007, 06:11 AM   #5
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

in alot of cases it can take much longer for a good sprain to actually heal than a fracture.a sprain just damages so much soft tissue so you are waiting for tendons and ligaments to heal vs bone.bone heals much quicker in most situations.anytime you actually start walking on the sprained ankle,you are causing inflammation just from weight bearing and the movement of the ankle itslef.staying off it as much as possible and keeping it elevated and iced when you are sitting will help alot towards healing and inflammation.sometimes just wrapping it with an ace bandage will help with the pain and the swelling.if there is still deformity,i too would recommend a trip to your doc for an evaluation of it.did you actually see your doc or any doc when this happened and also obtain an x ray just to be certain nothing was actually fractured in any way?i would just see your doc as soon as possible.you could very well be walking on a fracture if this was never x rayed.you just need to take care of it in the best possible way now or it will come back to haunt you at some point in the form of arthritis.good luck and i hope everything is okay.please let us know how you are doing.**

Old 07-10-2007, 07:05 PM   #6
    hooboo
    (male)

hooboo HB User

Well its been a while since I check my thread, thanks for the info! Btw I did see a doctor when I first injured it and he told me that it was just sprained. I havent had much time to see a doctor since, I've been so busy with work and travelling. It still isnt causing me any pain and is starting to look almost normal which leads me to believe its nearly healed! However I could be wrong... Any other imput would be appreciated! Thanks again!

Closed Thread