It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Brain Zaps No Antidepressants Motion Balance Related?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-02-2007, 01:22 PM   #1
    cavecreek62
    (female)

cavecreek62 HB User
    Question Brain Zaps No Antidepressants Motion Balance Related?

I get brain zaps that are described by people who are coming off of antidepressants, but I have never taken any antidepressants. These started out years ago as small episodes of lightheadedness, then turned into more serious off balance feeling, once in a blue moon I get some vertigo. The zap feels like an electrical charge on the top of my head and seems to be brought on by motion more than anything else. Fast motion, bright or flickering lights. It lasts one or two seconds but is very scary. Sometimes they happen when I am driving or working at the computer. They have become stronger lately, one time I felt that I could pass out, but didn't. I felt bad for about a week after the last one, pins and needle tingles here and there, slight naseau, exhausted, pain on the tops of my thighs, intermittent pains here and there.

I have had inner ear tests done, they didn't find anything. Blood work turns out fine, CT scan normal. Dr. does not think they are TIAs. My neck and shoulders always hurt, I have a lot of crackling/popping in my neck when I move it, and a couple other areas on my back that bother me. I'm pretty sure I have a pinched nerve in my neck (I can feel it if it is pressed just right)- would it cause these sypmtoms? I have had back/neck pain since I was a teenager. I am 45 and surgically menopause for several years, only medication I take estratest hormone replacement therapy. Normal weight, no drugs, no alcohol, no smoking. Other than these "spells" I feel completely healthy - I am trying to pin down what tests to get as it will be expensive for me, I have to pay alot up front before insurance pays anything.

Anyone else have similar syptoms? Help?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread