It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Chin Muscle Stressed..Please help me

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-06-2007, 08:04 PM   #1
    New_Guy22
    (male)

New_Guy22 HB User
    Chin Muscle Stressed..Please help me

This has been going on for as long as i can remember. When i relax my mouth it stays open about half a centimeter, so it isn't naturally closed like its supposed to be. This is the important bit. When I keep my mouth closed the skin at the part of my chin that you can see seems to wrinkle. It isn't actually that it is wrinkled, its that the muscles in my chin seem to flex as if exerting themselves because im forcing my mouth closed, and so my chin doesn't stay smooth. Think of it as looking at miniature Rocky Mountains from the sky on my chin . I am extremely self concious about this. If anyone knows a way to fix this or even if it can be fixed by surgery please tell me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2007, 06:42 AM   #2
    carmen1023
    (female)

carmen1023 HB User
    Re: Chin Muscle Stressed..Please help me

hey sometimes is a problem with muscle, you have to see a specific doctor for for that problem because then that can cause a facial paralizis (i am not sure how write that) but that happens to my friend. Please go a see help
    Carmen

Old 07-07-2007, 08:41 AM   #3
    Isis498
    Veteran
    (female)

Isis498 HB User

2 things come to mind. How old are you? Aging changes things about different parts of your body, and I don't mean you have to be elderly or anything. Under stress or anything?

Oh, another thing, by chance do you clench or grind your teeth at night, that you are aware of? That can change your whole mouth, jaw, face, etc. mechanisms in certain ways.

Just throwing some things out there that you may not be aware of.

Old 07-07-2007, 12:41 PM   #4
    New_Guy22
    (male)

New_Guy22 HB User

I am 17. I became aware of this problem when I was in 2nd grade. I do not grind my teeth. In fact I sleep with my mouth open. Is that the problem? That my mouth is not used to being closed so it has to work to close and that is why my chin muscle seems to flex? I'm sure its nothing so serious as to cause facial paralysis though..

Old 07-08-2007, 05:47 AM   #5
    Isis498
    Veteran
    (female)

Isis498 HB User

If you are that young, I'm assuming you live at home then. Why not have your parents let the Dr. check you out to have a look see, just for your peace of mind. Other than the things I mentioned, I have no real ideas.

Although, I do know that an injury to the face or jaw of a young child can injure the nerves and as they are growing change the assemetry of the face. Did anything like that happen to you?

Regardless, to set the issue to rest, why not see a Dr.?

Closed Thread