It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• I fainted and hit my head, nerve damage?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-14-2007, 12:22 PM   #1
    Itshotoutside
    (female)

Itshotoutside HB User
    I fainted and hit my head, nerve damage?

On sunday afternoon, after spending the day in the sun and drinking a few beers and not eating. I fainted, i'm guessing dehydration, one minute i was standing, next my face is in the concrete. I guess I broke my fall with my forehead becuase there is a big lump on it. No big deal I though, aside from being really embarassed, I'd say I'm fine. Although now I'm a bit concerned because when I touch the top of the swollen lump on my forehead, I feel it farther back on my head. Everytime I do it, I nearly jump out of my seat, It's very strange. Is it possible to have done nerve damage and is this something that will correct itself?

Last edited by Itshotoutside; 08-14-2007 at 12:23 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2007, 02:25 PM   #2
    penybobeny
    Inactive
    (female)

penybobeny HB User
    Re: I fainted and hit my head, nerve damage?

Chances are that it is nothing to worry about at this time... you gave yourself a good whallop on the head and it is irritated, but if you are worried wouldn't a quick trip to the Dr be worth the peace of mind, especially since you might have yourself a concussion?

On a side note... why didn't you go to the ER immediatly when it happened????? Any head injury related to LOC (loss of consciousness) needs to be evaluated on an emergancy basis... add to this that you were outside, drinking, in the heat... it could have been heat stroke! You are actually very lucky that you did not have a very bad outcome from all this!!!

(Hops off my soapbox, bows)

Ok, fussing over

Closed Thread