It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Fracture in my upper back any help???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-07-2007, 12:47 PM   #1
    moonlake1981
    (male)

moonlake1981 HB User
    Question Fracture in my upper back any help???

I went to the doc the other day because my back had been bothing me really bad for several weeks since my wife and I were messing around and she had fallen on me. When i arrived at the docs they took x rays right away and put me in one of those tiny exam rooms soon after the doc came in and looked me over and asked me a bunch of questions and told me everything looks normal by the xrays they took but with the symptoms i am having there may be a small fracture in my upper thoracic area of my back. He wrote me a script for muscle relaxers and ordered an MRI which will be taken 9/13/07 he also wrote me a perscription for a back brace called a Aspen TLSO. I figured when I went to get fitted it would be a small wrap aroud brace but nothing like it was, it is very restrictive and hard to say in all the time especially since I have a week till the mri and two weeks before i see my doc again to find out whats wrong.

My question here is does anyone know why the doc would put me in such a restrictive brace if nothing showed up on the xray? Or at least he said nothing did??

Also if there is a small fracture in my back, typically how long would i have to stay in this brace?

I am hoping someone else out there went through somthing like this am can help me alittle because at this point i tell my self everything is ok because the pain is not always there now that i am taking the muscle relaxers and wearing the brace but yet i am still really scared that there is somthing wrong.

Tom

Last edited by moderator2; 09-07-2007 at 01:07 PM. Reason: posted commercial website

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread