It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• A question about overdosing on Hydrocodone

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-25-2007, 08:14 PM   #1
    lcm1947
    (male)

lcm1947 HB User
    A question about overdosing on Hydrocodone

Does any one know if it would be possible to just flat pass out from an overdose of these pain killers just minutes after acting completely normal and not having shown any signs of an overdose which seems to be acting drunk or goofy like or sleepy, etc?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2007, 08:51 PM   #2
    butrfligirl28
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

butrfligirl28 HB Userbutrfligirl28 HB User
    Re: A question about overdosing on Hydrocodone

If they took a large dose, and it hit them very quickly, it could cause a sudden drop in blood pressure. This med is extremely addictive, and the tylenol overdose will kill you, if the hydrocodone doesn't.

Old 09-26-2007, 03:49 PM   #3
    lcm1947
    (male)

lcm1947 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by butrfligirl28 View Post
    If they took a large dose, and it hit them very quickly, it could cause a sudden drop in blood pressure. This med is extremely addictive, and the tylenol overdose will kill you, if the hydrocodone doesn't.
    I didn't know Tylenol could make you pass out. I thought it would just damage your liver but that would be long term. I am talking about walking around cooking, light housework and then just flat pass out.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:36 PM   #4
    butrfligirl28
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Tylenol doesn't make you pass out, the hydrocodone does. And liver damage can happen ANY time there is an overdose of tylenol. Most Lortabs that people abuse have 650 to 750mgs of tylenol. It would only take 5 to be over the limit of tylenol. Do this with alcohol and it's russian roulette.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:24 AM   #5
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

1947,just wondering what constituted an 'overdose" of this med?how much was actually taken?how was this peraon when they woke back up?i would think that there would have been at the very least some level of lethargy or some indication that there was a med working within their system before they would just pass out like that.it normally all doesn't metabolize all at one time,its a much slower process.i think you really would have had some clue before the 'passing out" really took place,but anything is indeed possible when it comes to a particuar individuals physiology and like B fly stated,a sudden drop in BP could have been the reason for passing out and not the actual hyrdo itself,you know what i mean?how is this person doing now and what occured right after the passing out incident? **

Old 09-30-2007, 09:09 PM   #6
    lcm1947
    (male)

lcm1947 HB User

Thanks for the reply feelbad. The person never woke up. She died from strangulation. It was my 30 year old daughter. We don't know if it was an overdose I'm just trying to see if in fact it was an overdose if she would have been acting normal and then within 2 to 3 minutes pass out. The toxicology report shows she had 0.15 mg of Hydrocodone so this is what everybody assumes caused her to pass out but her husband saw her just minutes before and he said she showed no signs of being overdosed. She had chronic back pain and has been using Hydrophone for the past 6 to 8 years prescribed of course by her pain management doctor. Anyway the examiner assumes that she passed out and fell on a chain that kept a cattle gate closed resulting in her neck falling on the chain between the two gates causing her to strangle. Her body supposedly pushed the two gates closer together trapping her head between them while her neck was on the chain causing the strangulation. Like I said this is all speculation on the detective's and examiner's part but since there was no signs of foul play that's what they've come up with. I on the other hand find it extremely difficult to believe. I mean what's the chances of all those things coming together at that instant allowing this to happen and this is assuming she just choose that second to pass out. I can't help believe that a person wouldn't show some kind of sign that they were overdosed if they were overdosed.

Old 09-30-2007, 09:21 PM   #7
    B143C
    Veteran
    (female)

B143C HB User

I'm sorry for your loss. This must be very difficult for you. I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

God bless you!

Last edited by B143C; 09-30-2007 at 09:21 PM.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:38 PM   #8
    butrfligirl28
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I too am sorry for your loss. My mother died in a similar fashion, and they never even did an autopsy. I found a bottle of hydrocodone, with too many missing. They wrote it off as a heart attack, with no medical exam. The questions are the hardest part.

Do you know of anyone that would want to, or gain from, hurting your daughter?

God Bless

Amanda

Closed Thread