It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Vitrectomy Healing

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-24-2007, 10:11 AM   #1
    kristen1
    (female)

kristen1 HB User
    Vitrectomy Healing

I am 55 years old and had a vitrectomy done on Oct.8 '07 for a detached retina. The retina was reattached and the bubble is gone, however the sight I've regained in that eye is very bad (blurry). The optomotrist made me new glasses and had to put a prism in the side that had the surgery because there is such a difference in my sight between the two eyes now. I am having a horrible time trying to see out of these glasses - I feel like I'm wearing someone else's prescription and everything seems distorted. The Optomotrist told me that if these glasses don't work, the only other thing he can try is a contact lens in the "bad" eye and then I may possbily be able to wear my old prescription. (the bad eye is now a "7" and the good eye a "4" - not exactly sure what this measurement means). The surgeon won't give me any answers to my questions about whether this is as good as it will ever be, or if there is a possibility for improvement. He just says "get back to normal", but I don't know how to do that when I can't see. Please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread