It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Going Insane From Pain! Please Help!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-08-2008, 03:26 AM   #1
    DarkPrince86
    (male)

DarkPrince86 HB User
    Going Insane From Pain! Please Help!!!

It all started january 1st 2008 (a wonderful start to the new year )
    Woke up with what felt like a head cold/sinus infection, pressure all over the head, eyes etc.

Just put up with it and waited for it to go as i usually do (always disappears within 3-4 days)

Day 4 i wake up, feel alot better, about 70% normal, start smiling thinking about the fact i'll wake up the next day and feel 100% normal again.
    Oh how wrong i was, wake up on day 5, MAJOR and i mean MAJOR head pain, stiff neck, nausea, never been in so much pain in my life, i live in the countryside so couldnt go straight to the doctors so again i waited it out for a few days, over the next few days i experienced extreme stomach pain, wattery diarrheaa, get rushed to hospital a day later, they run blood tests, urine sample, say i have a urine infection and thats what is causing the "flu" like symptoms...

Put me on amoxicillin for a week, which i take (didnt enjoy taking these), stomach pains go away, diarrhea starts going away as well.
    Neck pain persists, as does headache (feels like a sinus infection with constant pressure all around the head, slight dizziness)
    Go to doctors, he does another urine test, comes back negative, all clean, tell him about the stiff neck and headache, he says its probably just a trapped nerve.

I go to chiropracter who does a chirocheck on me and he says you dont have a trapped or pinched nerve, your neck is swollen (swollen neck gland?) so you must have an infection.

Back to doctors (again) who ignores me pretty much...says its just anxiety (err, not this constant pain, it hurts, ALOT) wont give me any painkillers.

Go through this pain for 5, yes 5 weeks, then i *suddenly* one day start feeling 80% normal, wake up, im not dizzy, i smile and go about my day, the headache and neck pain is there but not enough to bother me.

This lasts for 2 days, roll on the 3rd day and i got the horrible headache back and stomach pain.

Doctor takes a look at me, cant find anything wrong, except for the fact i have some pretty rotten teeth (yea yea i know, but life has been hard for me the last few years and i slipped into major depression), he thinks the teeth are infected and its causing chronic sinus infection (explains the head pressure?)...tells me to get an emergency appointment at the dentist as he thinks the infection has spread quite far and indeed can spread to the brain if left untreated.

Off i go to the dentist to make an "emergency" appointment, 2 week wait..yes 2 weeks, and thats with "emergency" and paying extra, any other than that and its a near 4 week wait!

The right side of my face feels swollen and i have pain all up my jaw (i think i also have TMJ, my jaw clicks everytime i open it)

I have the constant head pressure, headache, extreme pain (had this behind the eyes last night, it was unbelievable just how painful it was).

Could this all really be down to bad teeth and them causing a sinus infection?

I've been this ill for over a month now and im really not sure just how much longer i can handle this amount of pain!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2008, 07:03 AM   #2
    Sannah
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
    Re: Going Insane From Pain! Please Help!!!

I think that bad teeth can cause infections in your head. I would go back to your doc and tell him that he must put you at the top of the list. If you have an infection in your head from your teeth this is urgent.

You might need more than a dentist if this infection is in your brain. I just googled this and what I read is the tooth infection can cause a brain abcess and a stiff neck and headache are some of the symptoms.

Last edited by Sannah; 02-08-2008 at 07:10 AM.

Closed Thread