It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Right lower quarant pain...please tell me what to do!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-26-2008, 10:53 AM   #1
    betsyboo01
    (female)

betsyboo01 HB User
    Right lower quarant pain...please tell me what to do!

I have had right lower quadrant pain for a week now. Went to the ER and they did an ultrasound and also a ct. Results...fluid in area. Most have had an ruptured cyst. Well, I'm on pain meds and anti inflammatories with a little relief. What's next? I shouldn't be hurting like this still. What else could be causing this pain?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2008, 07:53 AM   #2
    Linda_in_NJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Linda_in_NJ HB User
    Re: Right lower quarant pain...please tell me what to do!

appendictis

Old 05-05-2008, 07:16 PM   #3
    hermes370
    (male)

hermes370 HB User

depends on what your pain is like ... ruptured ovarian cyst could cause this especially if it was hemorrhagic and is irritating the peritoneum(abdominal wall) in the area with the "free fluid"

always could be an appy, but depends on what your pain is like and overall how you look, there are these chronic appy's that present atypically, if you having a lot of nausea/vomiting, any fevers or chills, may want to get it looked at again

not sure how old you are, and right sided location is less typical, but occassionally mild diverticulitis can give you this type of pain, but CT is very sensitive and specific for this, so would be less likely

other atypical things, like inflammatory bowel disease/epiploic appendagitis/mesenteric adenitis/focal enteritis/ischemic or collagenous colitis, infection, pelvic inflammatory disease, porphyria and more can give you abdominal pain, but there likelihood all depends on what your overall symptoms , exam and risk factors(like age or other comorbidities) are like ...

if the pain still persists, make sure you f/u(follow up) with your PCP, as during trips to the ER, ER docs just need to r/o the badness like appy/tubo-ovarian abscess/diverticulitis and then they may send you home with more anti-inflammatories and script for a couple of narc pills and to again follow up with your PCP

best of luck

Old 05-06-2008, 11:02 AM   #4
    alexis1234
    (female)

alexis1234 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by betsyboo01 View Post
    I have had right lower quadrant pain for a week now. Went to the ER and they did an ultrasound and also a ct. Results...fluid in area. Most have had an ruptured cyst. Well, I'm on pain meds and anti inflammatories with a little relief. What's next? I shouldn't be hurting like this still. What else could be causing this pain?
    Maybe gallbladder attack? Have you noticed pain when you eat high fat foods? (even milk)

Alexis

Closed Thread