It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• I can't seem to feel full

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-25-2008, 04:18 PM   #1
    jameskeen
    (male)

jameskeen HB User
    I can't seem to feel full

This whole past week i've been eating a lot and like less than 30 mins to 2 hours later after i ate.. i'm hungry again.. i don't eat small meals i've always have ate till i was full. Well has anyone else felt this way before?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2008, 11:41 AM   #2
    Misty800
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
    Re: I can't seem to feel full

Are you overweight? As a rule we should not eat until our tummy feels full, just enough to be satisfied.

Try eating at a slower pace, chew food 20 times each bite and see if that makes a difference.

Have you been checked for hypoglycemia or diabetes?

Do you have hobbies, spend time working, etc. other than thinking about food. Many times we think about food and our desire becomes more aware but we actually are not hungry.

Having an over acid stomach can cause what feels like hunger but it is a reaction to the acid. When you feel hungry, try some Rolaids or Tums and see if that helps the hunger feel. If it does, then it most likely is an over acid stomach.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:05 AM   #3
    jameskeen
    (male)

jameskeen HB User

well actually im 23 years old. 5'9 and my weight is about 180.. i do have high blood pressure. well i mean i eat till i feel full i should say. i do eat slowly until i feel full then ill stop eating.

i dont really think about food i just eat when im pretty much hungry. i dont snack on junk food or dont drink soda dont really eat beef or pork. pretty much eat healthy. but as of today i havent felt like i have been all week so maybe it went away

Old 05-27-2008, 06:07 AM   #4
    KDD 26
    (female)

KDD 26 HB User

I know how you feel. Every once in awhile I will get that feeling that no matter how much I eat I will feel hungry like a half hour later. It won't just be a little hunger either, it would feel like I have not eaten in hours. Anyway, that feeling goes away in a few days. I don't know what causes it.

KDD

Old 05-27-2008, 11:57 AM   #5
    Lindaru
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Lindaru HB User

I have hypoglycemia which has been diet controlled most of my life.

When we start going from winter into summer, it will sometimes go out of whack and I will experience that "I am starving" feeling myself though I have not lessened the times or amount I eat each day.

I heard recently on the news that this can happen because our blood actually thins out as summer approaches. Less blood, less blood sugar.

Lindaru

Old 05-28-2008, 12:41 PM   #6
    SentenceDoing
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SentenceDoing HB User

I've felt like this at certain times throughout most of my life. I noticed that it's usually when I'm nervous or excited, I will eat until I am satisfied or feel like I can't eat anymore, and then a half hour later, I will feel starving again! I think it's just that I eat too fast out of nervousness, and then after my stomach is through digesting what I had eaten too fast, it turns out I hadn't eaten enough.

Old 06-29-2008, 01:51 PM   #7
    jameskeen
    (male)

jameskeen HB User

hmm well i went to see the dr. and got my blood tested and it came back normal. but im still feeling hungry .

Old 06-29-2008, 02:00 PM   #8
    Misty800
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

What kind of foods are you eating? Do you have ample good fats in your diet. Fat helps to satisfy. Too much fat is not healthy and too little fat is not healthy.

High carbohydrate foods such as white breat, potatoes, desserts, etc. do not stick to the ribs so to speak. Eating meat and complex carbohydrates with a little fat in the meal will be more satisfying.

It could be that you have low blood sugar and need to eat something more often.

Old 06-29-2008, 02:27 PM   #9
    jameskeen
    (male)

jameskeen HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Misty800 View Post
    What kind of foods are you eating? Do you have ample good fats in your diet. Fat helps to satisfy. Too much fat is not healthy and too little fat is not healthy.

High carbohydrate foods such as white breat, potatoes, desserts, etc. do not stick to the ribs so to speak. Eating meat and complex carbohydrates with a little fat in the meal will be more satisfying.

It could be that you have low blood sugar and need to eat something more often.
    well i eat alot of chicken not too much meat. alot of fruits and veggies. i only drink water. i don't like sweets.. when i did feel hungry i have checked by blood sugar and it was normal. got tested for diabetes and came out normal.

i had someone tell me that it could be about my metabolism

Last edited by jameskeen; 06-29-2008 at 02:30 PM.

Closed Thread