It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Post Nasal Drip/Chronic Bad Breath

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-05-2008, 09:48 AM   #76
    legaleagle01
    (female)

legaleagle01 HB User
    Re: Post Nasal Drip/Chronic Bad Breath

Wow, its working that's great. I've seen slight imrpovement but I am a long way from where you are. I finally have my PND and sinus issues under control with nasal rinsing and OTC meds but I guess I have a few more weeks before I will be in your shoes. I know what you mean by taking it for granted I did the same but trust me once I get better I plan to make sure I stay that way. Good luck and keep me posted with all your good news especially if you are dating and socializing--that's something I haven't done in a long time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2008, 11:42 PM   #77
    jmk4295
    (male)

jmk4295 HB User

I joined this forum because I feel that it's the only place where I can feel even remotely comfortable talking about my bad breath problem.

I have had chronic bad breath since I was 13. I still remember the day it all started. I am 21 now and it seems like it's never going to end and I am never going to find a solution. Throughout high school, I chewed gum all day, every day and it worked like a charm. Of course, chewing all that gum wasn't good for me but it was the only choice I had. I was so used to having bad breath that it had become a part of my life. I was okay with it because even though I had bad breath, chewing gum covered it up pretty well. People never covered up their noses or pulled away. All of this changed about 2 years ago when I realized that my bad breath had gotten a lot worse and chewing gum didn't do anything anymore. Everything has gone downhill since then.

I have made countless trips to many different dentists and no one can figure out the cause of my bad breath. I get my teeth cleaned once every 6 months or so, and every dentist I have seen so far has said that they don't see anything wrong. I always have a really dry mouth and a lot of post-nasal drip on the back of my tongue. I use a tongue scraper, floss, brush my teeth multiple times a day, and drink plenty of water but it doesn't work. Brushing my teeth makes it even worse. I have tried many different mouthwashes, bad breath kits, and everything you can possibly imagine, but nothing has worked. It kills me every time I talk to somebody and they either cover up their nose, pull away, hold their breath, or offer me a piece of gum. Every day is a struggle for me at this point and I honestly don't know what to do. I don't know how I'll get a job or get anywhere in life when my breath smells bad all day every day.

Please help me.

Last edited by moderator2; 11-11-2008 at 07:06 PM. Reason: inappropriate language

Old 11-11-2008, 06:57 PM   #78
    ITSWORKING63
    (female)

ITSWORKING63 HB User
    Re: Post Nasal Drip/Chronic Bad Breath UPDATE

I have been traveling to this clinic in Ontario Canada (I live in the US) and the clinic has taken me off Peridex and on to their product after evaluating me. Their product (also has much of the same ingredients as Closys and Peridex) is helping even more. The stuff taste EXTREMELY vile, but it seems to be knocking out the bacteria. I still do the ClOSYS/PERIDEX mambo, but just replaced the Peridex rise with the vile mouthwash stuff the clinic gave me.

I have been to this clinic twice and it has really helped me. I still get paranoid when people come near me that my breath smells but since I started with Peridex at the end of September and this vile mouthwash stuff last weekend, I cannot get over how people are reacting to me. No more wrinkled noses, backing away, the offers of gum/mints (this always seemed like the worst of bad breath because you know even after you take the mints/gum, your breath will still smell bad, sometimes even worse than before and people are looking at you like what the hell is wrong with this person, she STILL smells bad), holding of noses, all of the humiliating behavior that people exhibit when they are around you.

I hope this clinic can help but if not, then if you just follow the Peridex schedule, hopefully you will see results. Trust me, I have had 10 YEARS and 8 months of bad breath and have suffered so much and been so humiliated. Not to mention all of the money I have wasted chasing "fresh breath" products that either worked very little or never worked at all. People without bad breath just cant understand. I have had the love of my life leave and marry someone else, been passed over for jobs, FORGET about dating, yada yada yada. In the last 6 weeks, i have been dressing better, with high heels and doing my hair, I feel more confident. Life seems like it has so many possibilities now, all because my breath doesnt smell, although I still get paranoid from time to time. I started Peridex at the end of September and the vile mouthwash rinse on Friday. In the last 7 weeks, I STILL cannot believe no one finds me offensive and my breath doesnt smell. No one hasnt offered me gum or mints since DAY 2 of the Peridex treatment! Life is wonderful but I still am nervous that this will stop working also. I will post back in 2-3 weeks for an update but so far, so good!

Last edited by moderator2; 11-11-2008 at 07:05 PM. Reason: posted disallowed website(s)/telephone number/inappropriate language

Old 11-11-2008, 07:01 PM   #79
    ITSWORKING63
    (female)

ITSWORKING63 HB User

You and me, both! I havent been on a date since 2002! and it really sucks

Closed Thread