It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Wellbutrin & Adderall

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-11-2008, 08:58 AM   #1
    bono1968
    (male)

bono1968 HB User
    Talking Wellbutrin & Adderall

I take 150 mg of Wellbutrin twice a day (8 hours apart) and 50mg of Pristiq before I go to bed. The Wellbutrin does off set some of the side effects of Pristiq but I am still having trouble staying focused, attentive, lack motivation and energy. This is not to say I'M lazy I work out 4 nights a week at the gym, and have lost 55 pounds in 7 months I'm 39 and in the best physical shape of my life. I was wondering if Adderall would be helpful for my condition.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2008, 11:02 AM   #2
    Shelly7630
    (female)

Shelly7630 HB User
    Re: Wellbutrin & Adderall

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bono1968 View Post
    I take 150 mg of Wellbutrin twice a day (8 hours apart) and 50mg of Pristiq before I go to bed. The Wellbutrin does off set some of the side effects of Pristiq but I am still having trouble staying focused, attentive, lack motivation and energy. This is not to say I'M lazy I work out 4 nights a week at the gym, and have lost 55 pounds in 7 months I'm 39 and in the best physical shape of my life. I was wondering if Adderall would be helpful for my condition.
    Hi, I used to take Adderall and yes, it is wonderful for focus and energy. The issue I had wih it is you become immune to it and your dosage has to be increased. Coming down off of it is not pleasant either. I no longer take it and have been activetely searching for other methods and or drugs for energy. Hope this helps. If you have any other questions on it I will try to help.

Old 07-13-2008, 10:33 AM   #3
    bono1968
    (male)

bono1968 HB User

Did you take any other meds while you where on Adderall? What was the time frame for the dosage increase? What was coming off it like?

Old 07-13-2008, 06:06 PM   #4
    Shelly7630
    (female)

Shelly7630 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bono1968 View Post
    Did you take any other meds while you where on Adderall? What was the time frame for the dosage increase? What was coming off it like?
    I also took Nueronton, Xanax, Ambien, Copaxone, Tegertol and some pain meds along with antidepressants....I had to have the Ambien to sleep since the Adderall kept me up. The Xanax for stress and anxiety and the nueronton for pain (nerve). It all was a up and down mix. I walked around in a fog...( drug induced)which I did not notice until I stopped the Xanax, Antidepressants, pain meds and Adderall. The dosage was increased every 3 months and when I went off of it, it was like coming off of Nicotine. Moodiness, severe mood swings...etc. It is a wonderful drug for concentration and fatigue in the begining. Actually it is very common with people who are ADD. I just chose to try and find other ways to fight fatigue and to become as drug-free as I could. I found it so easy just to take the meds. after all I was given them! However, when I came off of them, I was a totalally different person...myself. I hope this helps.

Last edited by Shelly7630; 07-13-2008 at 06:07 PM.

Closed Thread