It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

  • Reaction to bleaching tray

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 07-11-2008, 01:22 PM   #1
    chris031181
    Member
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Jun 2008
    Location: Mt Orab ohio
    Posts: 69
    chris031181 HB User
    Red face Reaction to bleaching tray

    Okay..This is going to sound biazarre..My sister is experiencing a weird problem. She works at as a dental assistant and has the really expensive bleach whitening trays. She uses it every other day or so for about an hour a day. She had them in and fell asleep for about 2 1/2 hours on accident. When she woke up, her teeth were very sensitive (which she said is a die effect) but didn't necessarily hurt her. She woke up the next morning and she was experiencing a weird sensation ALL day! She said it is sensitive, cringing feeling like when someone scrapes their nails against a chalkboard or someone scrapes their teeth against a wooden spoon...things like that! (I know this sounds crazy-bare with me)

    She said it isn't painful but she has had that feeling all day. She said she can barely eat anything. The weird thing is that it doesnt necessarily have to do with anything touching her teeth. She said when she touches her finger tips to a phone or to a piece of paper or anything for that matter, she gets that cringing, tingling, sensitive feeling running down her body! The dentist that she works for is out of town right now so she can't go to her with it yet. Does anyone know what I am talking about or has anyone experienced this? The more she told me, the more crazy it sounds. She is one of those people that never complain about things so I know she is kind of weirded out by the whole thing... Any takers?

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 07-11-2008, 06:10 PM   #2
    Misty800
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Feb 2001
    Location: Burnet, Texas USA
    Posts: 4,310
    Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
    Re: Reaction to bleaching tray

    This could have affected her sympathetic nervous system.

     
    Old 07-11-2008, 07:18 PM   #3
    TEdds83
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    TEdds83's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2008
    Location: Iowa USA
    Posts: 1,976
    TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
    Re: Reaction to bleaching tray

    First of all 2 and a half hours is WAY too long. Ouch! From everyone I have talked to in dental offices, friends and my own personal experience 30 minutes is pretty much all your should go at a time with those. Everything that is going to happen with your teeth being bleached pretty much happens within that 30 minute session. Bleach is like any other chemical. It will go into your bloodstream through any tissue. Your skin and inside tissue is the largest organ you have. I have to agree with the other poster, it could effect your nervous system. That is kind of scary. And most definately it could make your teeth extremely sensative. It can even take of a layer of enamel. This happened to a friend of mine. She left her tray in over night. Not good!
    I am sure she will be fine but I wouldn't let it happen again. Good luck!

     
    Old 07-11-2008, 08:15 PM   #4
    janewhite1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Oct 2007
    Location: NJ, USA
    Posts: 9,369
    janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
    Re: Reaction to bleaching tray

    She will most likely be ok, but she should get her teeth checked for damage. And should not use the whitening tray again anytime soon.

     
    Old 07-12-2008, 12:34 PM   #5
    chris031181
    Member
    (female)
     
    Join Date: Jun 2008
    Location: Mt Orab ohio
    Posts: 69
    chris031181 HB User
    Smile Re: Reaction to bleaching tray

    Thanks for all of your replies! I will let my sister know! She usually keeps it in in longer than 30 minutes but she accidently fell asleep! I checked with her today and it isn't as exteme as it was 2 days ago. She said she is just really sensitive when she touches certain things. I just think this is the most bizarre thing I have ever heard! Thanks again for all of the responses!

     
    Closed Thread

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Help! My Skin Turned Red due to bleaching cream geniee725 Beauty & Cosmetics 4 03-02-2010 04:56 PM
    Help me with bleaching. grungedoll Beauty & Cosmetics 6 06-27-2006 03:05 AM
    jojoba oil and bleaching cream. primo1 Acne 1 07-12-2005 05:51 PM
    bleaching creams bloomingskye Skin Problems 3 06-12-2004 10:42 PM
    Bleaching your face... to lighten skin tone? Good idea? *Daniel* Acne 8 06-13-2003 07:02 AM




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:24 PM.





    © 2020 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!