It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Air conditioners causing headaches?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-21-2008, 04:21 PM   #1
    ament
    Veteran
    (female)

ament HB User
    Air conditioners causing headaches?

I rent and recently my central a/c went out and the landlords replaced it with 2 window units. The same night I woke up with a bad headache that didn't go away for 48 hours and which nothing seemed to help. Is this possible? Or maybe just a coincidence?

I must also add that right now I am 3 months pregnant, so headaches shouldn't be uncommon, but I have never had headaches as persistant and extreme as these.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2008, 05:33 AM   #2
    drs
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

drs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB Userdrs HB User
    Re: Air conditioners causing headaches?

It may just be because your pregnant. I remember getting super bad headaches at about 3months along. I usually don't get headaches at all. So I'm thinking it's not the AC. Ask your doctor what you can do about them, they used to say a Tylenol wouldn't hurt, but they may tell you different now a days. My kids are grown up now so things may have changed.

Old 07-25-2008, 07:08 AM   #3
    NY 1009
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

NY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB User
    Re: Air conditioners causing headaches?

You could be suffering from dehydration since ac's remove moisture from the air. PLUS another very important factor to think of, is: Did the landlord clean the filters out for you before installing them? The mold will give you an intense headache.
    people don't think of cleaning out the filters and must be done for maintenance ever so often.
    Just about every person I know doesn't like sleeping in rooms with air conditioners because they feel so horrible the next morning.

What you can do is maybe leave your bdrm door open a jar so that you're room is not totally shut off. Also don't have the unit blowing right onto your bed if possible.

I really think it's probably the mold that's in the chambers of the filter, not because you're pregnant. I do agree that some woman who are pregnant get headaches because of hormonal changes and because the mucosa membranes become more inflammed.
    so many people are allegic to mold's and aren't even aware of it.

these are just some suggestions for you. I know how horrible it is to suffer with such horrible headaches when pregnant and you don't need things to set them off.

Closed Thread