It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• 21 and feel like I have every health problem in the book - please help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-29-2008, 05:09 PM   #1
    Bin_man
    (male)

Bin_man HB User
    21 and feel like I have every health problem in the book - please help

Hey everyone, I thought I'd post on here because I'm in a bad way at the moment, and I don't really know what to do with myself.

I feel like my health's in as bad shape as it's possible to be without having any kind of major illness. The problem is, my symptoms are so disparate and vague that it's hard to work out what's wrong.

To give you an idea of what's going on, I have the following problems:

Mental symptoms: memory loss, brain fog, poor concentration, inability to focus on more than one thing at a time.

Digestive symptoms: often gag on food, sometimes feel like I have a lump in my throat, distended abdomen, rarely have well-formed stools.

Other symptoms: tinnitus, inability to filter out background noise, often have a light-headed feeling.

So as you can see, there's a lot of stuff going on here - I don't even know if it's all connected. And it's really affecting my life. I've put up with this stuff for so long, and tried to ignore it hoping it'd go away. I've done supplements, dietary changes, exercise, the lot...but it's always there.

I just don't know if there's anything else I can do anymore. At 21 I shouldn't be having these problems. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2008, 07:25 PM   #2
    JMoun88
    (male)

JMoun88 HB User
    Re: 21 and feel like I have every health problem in the book - please help

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bin_man View Post
    Hey everyone, I thought I'd post on here because I'm in a bad way at the moment, and I don't really know what to do with myself.

I feel like my health's in as bad shape as it's possible to be without having any kind of major illness. The problem is, my symptoms are so disparate and vague that it's hard to work out what's wrong.

To give you an idea of what's going on, I have the following problems:

Mental symptoms: memory loss, brain fog, poor concentration, inability to focus on more than one thing at a time.

Digestive symptoms: often gag on food, sometimes feel like I have a lump in my throat, distended abdomen, rarely have well-formed stools.

Other symptoms: tinnitus, inability to filter out background noise, often have a light-headed feeling.

So as you can see, there's a lot of stuff going on here - I don't even know if it's all connected. And it's really affecting my life. I've put up with this stuff for so long, and tried to ignore it hoping it'd go away. I've done supplements, dietary changes, exercise, the lot...but it's always there.

I just don't know if there's anything else I can do anymore. At 21 I shouldn't be having these problems. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong?
    Hey man i know how u feel alot of what you are saying is anxiety related...the choking feeling when eating is often from fear during a panic attack or after one

ur other symptoms are also things that can be caused by anxiety...the best advice i can give you is to not worry so much and try to relax

for me that is impossible however try it before its too late or you will be worried and not believing anything the doctors tell you..and you should not look up these problems or symptoms on google and such or else you might get dated information and scare yourself more and get more and more sick from your own anxiety.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:29 PM   #3
    TEdds83
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

I may be shooting in the dark but perhaps get your thyroid checked. Just to rule that issue out. When that is out of whack all of these symptoms can appear. But anxiety can bring these on too. Good luck!

Old 08-03-2008, 08:24 AM   #4
    NY 1009
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

NY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB User

Binman,
    I know this is probably going to sound stupid to you and way to easy of a solution for it to be true, but you sound like you may not be drinking enough water which means you may be dehydrated and you NEED to drink water.

It is a life saver and without enough water, you will begin to feel horrible and sick as you're explaining you already feel.
    our bodies are made up of mostly water. everything is delicately balanced and water is needed to cushion the brain, to make our joints and muscles move smoothly, water also helps move waste thru our intestines easier and quicker and makes the stool softer instead of harder, which dehydration can cause constipation.
    you speak of brain fog and lack of concentration. I swear to you, drink water and within 20 minutes time you'll begin to feel better.
    I never believed it when I was told to drink water when I wasn't feeling good.
    I just couldn't believe something so easy would be the answer.

You have to drink water all through the day, say a glass every hour. keep it at room temperature in a bottle on the counter so it goes down easier.
    that tip really worked for me because I'm not a lover of water.
    I like something with taste better.
    another thing I do now is add a squeezed fresh lime or lemon to the water.

it's just a suggestion, you can take it or leave it. but it doesn't hurt to try it to see if it works. right? and the good thing about it is, it's for FREE!

I also agree with the other people who replied about seeing a dr.
    Plus it doesn't hurt to do the water thing too.

Hope you find out what's ailing you.

Lintek

Old 08-07-2008, 09:15 PM   #5
    calidreaming
    Veteran
    (female)

calidreaming HB User

you have anxiety.

go look at the anxiety health boards...they help a lot.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:14 AM   #6
    aim44
    Inactive
    (female)

aim44 HB User

JMO but you don't have anxiety for no reason. there are too many out there on anti depressants and anxiety meds as it is. treat the cause not the symptom.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:12 AM   #7
    calidreaming
    Veteran
    (female)

calidreaming HB User

yes some people have anxiety for no reason. if you have never experienced it... you simply will not be able to understand it.

the poster's symptoms are all things ive experience FROM anxiety. your mind can do tricky things. and given the age and symptoms... this all sounds so familiar.

the best thing to do to start is go get a consultation with a therapist so they can diagnose your specific anxiety. i.e. panic disorder, GAD, etc. and THEN they will suggest options. whether it be meds, therapy, or a combination of the two. good luck!

and seriously...go to the anxiety boards!

Old 08-14-2008, 04:22 PM   #8
    Nexis
    (male)

Nexis HB User

Have you had a health check-up and blood tests of late?

Do you have any other medical complications?

Old 08-15-2008, 12:30 AM   #9
    babyluv45
    (female)

babyluv45 HB User

I would get your thyroid checked

Closed Thread