It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• What does this CAT scan finding mean????

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-04-2008, 05:28 PM   #1
    taryan4
    (female)

taryan4 HB User
    What does this CAT scan finding mean????

I have a cat-scan finding i do not understand---need some help!!!!! adenopathy in the mediastinum,hila,axilla,and in the upper abdomen in the mesentry and periaortic region as well as in the retrocrural region. While these findings may be secondary to sarcoidosis,lymphoma is not excluded.CT scan of the neck a,abdomen, and pelvis would be helpoful to evaluate the extent of the disease. Tissue sampling is advised.What does this mean????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2008, 08:28 PM   #2
    Lindaru
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Lindaru HB User
    Re: What does this CAT scan finding mean????

Adenopathy (enlargement of glands and/or lymph nodes) of the mediastinum (an anatomical partition or septum such as separates organs from spinal column or lymph nodes), hila (an entrance or exit in an organ for nerves and blood vessels), axilla (arm pit) . . . in the mesentery (membranes that attach organs to the body wall) and peri-aortic (tissue near the aorta of the heart) as well as in the retrocrural (behind the fiber tracts or membranes) . . . secondary to sarcoidosis (abnormal over-growth of fibrous tumor like cells). Lymphoma (abnormal cells in the lymph nodes) is not excluded (not ruled out).

The last part simply means they want to make sure that this has not spread to adjoining areas of the body by C.T. scan and biopsy.

Best of luck to you and keep us posted on what they find with further testing.

Lindaru (source - Dorland Pocket Medical Dictionary)

Closed Thread