HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Open to All Other Health Topics (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/open-all-other-health-topics/)
-   -   Currently having some abdominal pain that is getting severe (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/open-all-other-health-topics/626089-currently-having-some-abdominal-pain-getting-severe.html)

janna57 08-14-2008 06:54 PM

Currently having some abdominal pain that is getting severe

Funny, I went to the drs. today for just a routine follow-up visit. I had no complaints at the time. However, about an hr. after I left the drs. office, I started to have some abdominal cramping. I had some spasms off and on and did not think much of it. Then the pain started geting stronger. It feels like someone kicked me in the stomach. I have no gastric symptoms.

I found out that the Medical Assistant at my drs. office went home sick with stomach virus this afternoon. It just seems too weird that I would get sick that quick. I started having pain about an hr. after I went to the drs. I think that maybe it is just a coincidence, but this pain is sure getting bad! I have had UTI infections in the past. They were quite severe, actually I was septic and had to be hopitalized. I have not had one since 2005. Although, I was also sick with nausea and vomiting back then, too.

Oh well, I guess that I will just have to see what kind of night I have. I hope it is nothing.

Lindaru 08-14-2008 08:52 PM

Re: Currently having some abdominal pain that is getting severe

I would definitely say if it is not getting better by morning, get back in and be seen, but I did want to let you know that it may not be as quick as you think as far as getting a virus.

If your doctor assistant was sick, there is a good chance that other people you came into contact with in your community may also have been carrying the virus. You can get it simply from people like the checker at your grocery store (handed off with your debit/credit receipt), someone who serves you food at a restaurant, and so forth. You may have already been exposed before you even got to your doctor today.

Have you tried taking an antacid? If the pains are coming from gas, that might help.

Let us know how you are.

Lindaru :)

janna57 08-15-2008 05:46 AM

Re: Currently having some abdominal pain that is getting severe

I do feel better this morning. I took a leftover vicodin pill from a dental procedure that I had. I was actually in that much pain! Yes, I thought that it was way too quick for me to pick up virus from drs. office. And, I have no other GI symptoms. I have had a bowel movement a few days ago, so I didn't hink that was the case, but maybe it is. So, I took some Miralax and will take it every night for awhile. And, I know that the worst thing for constipation is pain medicine! But, I am going to have some blood work done today. I have standing orders, and if my white count is elevated will take it from there. Perhaps, my problem is just backed up stool. I did have a good movement a few days ago. However, I am not regular at all. So, I just may need to be cleaned out. The pain was too low to be gallbladder. Oh well, like I said my blood work wll indicate anything out of the ordinary. Thanks for reply.;)