It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Any comments about Radio Frequency Neurolysis for L4 & L5?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-19-2008, 01:45 PM   #1
    pjcrzr
    (female)

pjcrzr HB User
    Any comments about Radio Frequency Neurolysis for L4 & L5?

My Spine clinic Doc has recommended this procedure (nerve destruction by way of burning) as the next step after 9 lumbar injections with only 1-2 days of relief per injection. I was rear-ended in a car accident Oct. 2007 and still have severe back pain from it. He says this could give me longer term relief, 6 mos. or more, but it sounds very painful recovering from the actual burning of the nerves. I was given a script for 20 mg. morphine while I think about having this procedure performed in the next couple of weeks. Anybody that has had this done and can comment on the success or failure to respond would be appreciated. Please help. Thanks, PJ

Last edited by pjcrzr; 09-19-2008 at 09:34 PM. Reason: repost for back problems

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2009, 01:22 PM   #2
    laoghaire
    (female)

laoghaire HB User
    Re: Any comments about Radio Frequency Neurolysis for L4 & L5?

Hi, I'm new to these boards and I know this post is pretty old, but I thought I'd reply anyway in case it comes up in someone's search. I've had this procedure done twice for L3,4,5, (left/right done separately) and I would recommend it. I'm still on pain medication, but a lot less and I feel like I'm starting to get my life back.

Laoghaire

Closed Thread