It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Spinal Cord is too thin

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-29-2008, 10:33 AM   #1
    peggyscott40
    (female)

peggyscott40 HB User
    Spinal Cord is too thin

a recent MRI shows the spinal cord is too thin. What does this mean? ANd what problems could it be causing? Any ideas? Thanks for all your help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2008, 07:19 AM   #2
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
    Re: Spinal Cord is too thin

do you have your MRI report in your own possession? if not,get one. if you do,if you could just type out the very end of it,that summary? it would help explain just why your spinal cord has narrowed. it could be congenital or stenosis within that canal somewhere,or even a herniation that can do this. but having that actual radiologists interpretation would really really help. it is generally not the whole entire length of the actual cord that narrows but certain areas of it becasue of the things i mentioned above that creates that narrowing,you know what i mean? 'something' is more than likely causing that narrowing but in more specific places,not the entire cord. but getting that MRI report really is important for any patient to have when dealing with anything ongoing. obtaining all test results is the best way to try and stay on top of your own healthcare and make the best choices.

knowing exactly how the radiologist interpretted this would really be helpful for me to try and help you. **

Closed Thread