It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• MRSA infection PLEASE HEELLPP!!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-19-2008, 03:00 PM   #1
    tonyc14
    (male)

tonyc14 HB User
    MRSA infection PLEASE HEELLPP!!!!

hello. I am a 26 year old male who was diagonsed with a MRSA infection on my face. I am overall a pretty healthy person. The doctors cut it out and put me on Bactrim about two weeks after I had it. That wound is alomst 100% healed and no infection in site. The problem now is that my lymph node is swollen. It's gotten pretty bad over the last few days and I went back to the doctor and they sent me to a surgeon for consultation. The surgeon wanted to put me on Zyvox and kill the germ but my insurance doesn't cover it and it was going to cost me $2000. So i told them I could not afford it and they put me on Levaquin. I will start taking that drug tonight. If this doesn't work I will be forced into IV's or forced to pay two grand for Zyvox. I have been getting a fever of about 102.5 twice over the past few days but within a few hours its drops back to normal with a nap and some ibuprofen. What do you all recommend I should do? Does Levaquin usually cure my lymph node problem. My surgeon didn't think it was that big of a deal because a swollen lymph node is typical when fighting infection but my infection is gone on my face now, im worried that it's in my lymph node. Any help would be much appreciated!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2008, 06:07 AM   #2
    jcjwillis
    (female)

jcjwillis HB User
    Re: MRSA infection PLEASE HEELLPP!!!!

Is it posssible that your doctor could prescribe another more reasonable medicine?

Old 11-20-2008, 08:55 AM   #3
    tonyc14
    (male)

tonyc14 HB User

we that is what the levaquin is for. I really can't miss anymore work and this thing keeps me unconstantly sick so I'm not sure when it will be gone. I think I'm heading the IV route at this point. Has anyone does this? Is it trully effective. I really want to rid of this bug

Old 11-20-2008, 10:11 AM   #4
    perkslorjean
    (female)

perkslorjean HB User

my father had mrsa . it was from open heart surgery. i know something was terribly wrong with what he was spitting up but they treated him for phnumonia. one week later he was rushed to emergency room with mrsa so bad now it was in his blood stream and sternam.. it was too late for him they said MRSA only responds to an antibiotic called Vancomiacin. not sure how to exactly spell. it. if he had been treated with vanomyacin a week before maybe he would have made it. I would definately talk to your doctor about it and talk to him NOW. DO NOT WAIT. IT DOES NOT TAKE TO LONG TO SPREAD AND IT CAN BE FATAL.

Closed Thread