It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Chronic pain/stiffness

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-02-2009, 10:21 PM   #1
    Miracle Storm
    (female)

Miracle Storm HB User
    Chronic pain/stiffness

Whatever this is, so far it is undiagnosed.
    I am seeing my rheumatologist tomorrow for the blood results to rule out ankylosing spondylitis and rheumatoid.
    I am posting here to see if it sounds familiar to anyone, so that maybe some ideas could be thrown at me that perhaps my doc is overlooking.

This started about four years ago after having my youngest child. Severe hip pain, pelvic and lower back pain. It was so bad, I let them remove my uterus thinking that was the cause. Well it was gone for a while, but returned.
    It comes and goes, but each time it gets meaner and stays longer.

In the last year and a half other joints have become involved. My knees, elbows, neck, shoulders, fingers, chest pain (diagnosed as pleurisy) Thank God all the joints don't hurt at the same time or I would be freaking out more than I already am. The stiffness is horrible as well, but usually I can walk out the back pain and stiffness after a while of walking like a hunchback. But resting, or sitting to long brings it on. Especially if I have been shopping or walking around alot and then sit for a while..OMG

Just this week I have started with some strange symptoms which I will tell the doc tomorrow.
    I was woke up out of my sleep by an electrical shock in my head.
    Last night I had vibrating sensations in my leg while I was resting....believe me I checked, there was nothing around me vibrating and moving around didn't help it.
    Also, alot of muscle twitching in my leg when I am tryin to sleep, and that along with the sometimes excruciating pain is making it impossible to sleep.

Sorry if this is so long, but I wanted to give a clear picture.
    Any ideas that I could ask my doctor about?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2009, 11:46 PM   #2
    Miracle Storm
    (female)

Miracle Storm HB User
    Re: Chronic pain/stiffness

Well I am going to bed.
    If anyone is interested I'll tell you if the doc gives me any insights tommorrow or if I am just left with more questions.

thanks and goodnight.

Old 04-03-2009, 03:30 AM   #3
    vh90453
    Veteran
    (female)

vh90453 HB User

Sorry I can't help you. I've got similar symptoms but mine are really mild. My Doctor didn't have any answers and I didn't pursue it because it is so mild and I've had it for so long and it hasn't got worse, I figure it can't be fatal. Believe it or not I also get the vibrating at times. I've got my husband to feel me to see if he can feel it, he can't of course. Mine was put down to anxiety which I really have problems with. Are you on any meds? I take anti-anxiety meds and have trouble with vibrating and twitching when the dose is too high. All this comes and goes.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:27 AM   #4
    Miracle Storm
    (female)

Miracle Storm HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by vh90453 View Post
    Sorry I can't help you. I've got similar symptoms but mine are really mild. My Doctor didn't have any answers and I didn't pursue it because it is so mild and I've had it for so long and it hasn't got worse, I figure it can't be fatal. Believe it or not I also get the vibrating at times. I've got my husband to feel me to see if he can feel it, he can't of course. Mine was put down to anxiety which I really have problems with. Are you on any meds? I take anti-anxiety meds and have trouble with vibrating and twitching when the dose is too high. All this comes and goes.
    I am on asthma medication, and at the momment an antibiotic, I also had a steroid shot a few weeks ago.
    Last night it was worse, the twitching in my legs..just don't know.

But I could handle the vibrating and twitching and never give it another thought except when I am trying to sleep it is frustrating.

The pain and stiffness, however is a different story. I will see the doctor this afternoon. But I feel I will just be left with questions still, there are never any answers.

One thing I did think of though with the electrical jolt in my head that woke me up...About 4 years ago when I would move my head or eyes I would feel this *swoosh* sensation and here like a buzzing electrical sound. After months of trying to figure out what was going on I got the diagnosis of partial complex epilepsy and was loaded with anti seizure drugs, though to my knowledge I had never had a seizure. So after some disagreements with that doctor I quit going and that has been about two years..dunno.

I will see the doctor this afternoon, but I feel like all it is is a guessing game with the doctors too.

Thanks for the reply ((hug))

Old 04-03-2009, 09:41 PM   #5
    Miracle Storm
    (female)

Miracle Storm HB User

Well doc said it is Fibromyalgia.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:33 AM   #6
    vh90453
    Veteran
    (female)

vh90453 HB User

Great, at least you have a diagnosis. I was thinking fibro given your symptoms but you didn't mention fatigue, I always thought that was a major symptom. You're lucky your Doctor hit on it, my Doctor said it is very difficult to diagnose. I know that's not my problem I asked my Doc months ago if I could have it in a mild form. Anyway now you will get the correct treatment and hopefully your quality of life will improve. All the best.

Closed Thread