It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

  • What doctor do I see for foot and leg edema?

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 04-24-2009, 09:00 PM   #1
    Mitsuko's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2006
    Posts: 5
    Mitsuko HB User
    What doctor do I see for foot and leg edema?

    I have seen an endocrinologist and an internal, and they haven't been able to help me. I have severe edema (non-pitting) in my right foot, ankle, and knee. I have a little bit in my left foot, but the right is much worse.

    I have taken lasix, but everytime my doctor stops it the edema comes right back.

    As for my other health problems, I am currently diagnosed with dysautonomia and I am seeing a cardiologist who is researching autonomic disorders (and I plan to talk to him about the edema when I see him may 12th). I have gastroparesis, asthma, a high pulse rate (but fairly normal blood pressure), chronic lower and upper back pain that is supposedly caused by nerve damage.

    Please help me figure out where to go next! My regular doctor just told me to go to another endocrinologist, and I don't understand the point of seeing another one.

    Thank you!

    Sponsors Lightbulb
    Old 04-25-2009, 05:48 PM   #2
    Senior Veteran
    AuntieLeela's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2007
    Location: Florida
    Posts: 1,452
    AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User
    Re: What doctor do I see for foot and leg edema?

    That's curious, I wonder why he wants you to see another endocrinologist? Have you been tested for diabetes or hypothyroidism? (both can cause edema)

    What about a podiatrist? They deal with foot/ankle edema on a regular basis. And they tend to give more practical advice than GPs.

    Old 02-13-2010, 06:34 PM   #3
    Junior Member
    backman01's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2010
    Location: us,montoursville,pa
    Posts: 39
    backman01 HB Userbackman01 HB User
    Re: What doctor do I see for foot and leg edema?

    my dr says dont worry about shin swelling comes with age in some people,try to lose little weight,he said vessils veins go bad . Rick

    Closed Thread

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    HELP - Foot Ulcers Won't Heal grahambe Skin Problems 0 12-20-2009 12:01 AM
    My foot and ankle MRI, what is means? Pieralberto Foot & Ankle Problems 5 01-25-2009 08:46 AM
    postop foot and calf swelling postop bunionectomy saraht44 Bone Disorders 0 11-14-2008 07:42 PM

    edema, foot, lasix, leg

    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off

    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:11 AM.

    © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!