It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Mono and roller coasters: Sit out or can I go?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-27-2009, 03:42 AM   #1
    causeAscene
    (female)

causeAscene HB User
    Mono and roller coasters: Sit out or can I go?

Okay well I'm going today so I doubt I'll get an answer in time. This may be an obvious answer but I figure I'll ask anyway.

Well, I have mono and have had the symptoms for almost two weeks. Today is my sister's birthday so we're taking a trip to Orlando to go to Disney. My question is should I stay away from the roller coasters? I know I'm gonna stay away from Mission Space (which I love but with the outrageous g-force I think my equally outrageously swollen lymph nodes will explode). But I know with mono comes a swollen spleen (though the doctor said he didn't feel it when I last went to see him and it hasn't been hurting me) so I'm sure most will agree to stay away from those kinds of rides but... like I said, I want to know for sure.

Also, how large can your lymph nodes get? I have several swollen ones but the one below my jaw on the right side is crazy swollen. Like, visibly so. And yes, quite painful. Just curious because wow, it's huge.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2011, 09:06 AM   #2
    takeiram
    (female)

takeiram HB User
    Re: Mono and roller coasters: Sit out or can I go?

hey sorry i know your post was a while ago. but now im in your situation. i was diagnosed with mono yesterday, i went to see the doctor and he said to be careful because its possible for my spleen to rupture. but im going to disneyland in two weeks and i dont know if i should ride the rides or not. did you end up going on them? were you okay?

Closed Thread