It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

Abdominial pain and constipation?!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-01-2010, 09:24 PM   #1
SusieJK
(female)

SusieJK HB User
Abdominial pain and constipation?!

Lately I've been having severe abdomininal pain a couple times a day.
It usually occurs after meals, but also happens randomly too. I tried to ignore it, but the pain is persistant and once the initial pain goes away, a dull ache remains. I haven't been having bowel movements at all either... whenever I get the urge, and sit on the toliet, it feels like I'm pushing on nothing... like I don't have anything to push out. I don't know what to do.
Also, I've been having difficulty falling asleep and dont wake up until 2-3 in the afternoon... as well, I've been having frequent headaches and angry outburts. This could be totally irrevelant from the abdominal pain & such, but just decided I'd throw that in there.

I probably don't have ALOT of fiber in my diet, but I've always had enough. I drink alot of liquids, and only occasionally have constipation problems. This time it's different though, since it feels like I have no poop at all. And the pains are getting worse and worse. What could be wrong!? And what can I do? Please help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2010, 10:34 PM   #2
Ayvah2
(female)

Ayvah2 HB User
Re: Abdominial pain and constipation?!

Where is the abdominal pain, in a specific spot or all over? How long have you noticed the pain for? How long has it been since your last bowel movement and what is your usually for you?

Old 01-02-2010, 12:17 AM   #3
SusieJK
(female)

SusieJK HB User

The pain is mostly all over, but usually there's a dull ache in the right side afterwards. The pains been going on for a couple of weeks, but at first, it wasn't too often and didn't hurt as much. Recently it's been getting worse. My last bowel movement was four or five days ago, and I normally go once a day or every other day. But lately it just feels like there isn't anything to push out.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:40 PM   #4
faith41
(female)

faith41 HB User

See your doctor. The pain is probably becayse you are 'backed up' He can X-ray to make sure you dont have a bowel obstruction or he can give you a prescription better than OTC laxative.
This happened to me. My Xray was normal and he gave me a liquid that moved me fast!

Old 01-04-2010, 12:40 PM   #5
auntjudyg
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

In case you need more encouragement, I agree, it's time to see the doctor. If you start running a fever, you need IMMEDIATE medical attention.

Closed Thread