It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Solid thyroid nodule

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-27-2010, 12:57 PM   #1
    Jiggymo
    (female)

Jiggymo HB User
    Solid thyroid nodule

Hi All,
    This is my first time on a msg board. Got a question for ANYONE out there. Had incidental findings of solid nodules with calcifications. Rec. FNA, was unable to do FNA, the needle wouldn't penetrate the nodule at all. It didn't hurt much, but ALOT of pressure trying to get needle in. ANYWAY, Dr. suggested surgery now, get it out for biopsy. Since nodules in both sides, total thyroidectomy is scheduled in a matter of 3 weeks. Has anyone had an experience like this with FNA and how did it turn out. I'd appreciate any input.
    Thanks, Jiggymo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2010, 06:57 AM   #2
    hopalong_too
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

hopalong_too HB User
    Re: Solid thyroid nodule

Jiggymo, I am so sorry that no one has responded to your post yet. Perhaps if you asked the same question on the thyroid board you would get a better response. There are a lot of knowledgeable people there would may have some answers.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:35 PM   #3
    rcazelot
    (female)

rcazelot HB User
    Re: Solid thyroid nodule

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jiggymo View Post
    Hi All,
    This is my first time on a msg board. Got a question for ANYONE out there. Had incidental findings of solid nodules with calcifications. Rec. FNA, was unable to do FNA, the needle wouldn't penetrate the nodule at all. It didn't hurt much, but ALOT of pressure trying to get needle in. ANYWAY, Dr. suggested surgery now, get it out for biopsy. Since nodules in both sides, total thyroidectomy is scheduled in a matter of 3 weeks. Has anyone had an experience like this with FNA and how did it turn out. I'd appreciate any input.
    Thanks, Jiggymo
    Jiggymo,
    I had my total thyroidectomy on 5/12/10 & really feeling great. I was in the hospital overnight. My thyroids functions were good, but I solid nodules on my left side & a large cyst on my right side. I had FNA & it came back benign, then I had the large cyst drained 2 times, but it kept filling back up. My dr. said that the cyst was so large with small pockets that there was no way to biospy each pocket & the only way to be 100% sure that it's benign would be to have surgery. So that's why i had the surgery and thank god they were all benign. I'm feeling great so far.

rcazelot

Closed Thread