It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Muscle aches, lightheadedness after meals, twitching, ears closing

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-15-2010, 12:37 PM   #1
    timmyc
    (male)

timmyc HB User
    Muscle aches, lightheadedness after meals, twitching, ears closing

[27 year old male, 138 lbs, no history of ill health]

For the last 9 months, I've experienced a variety of symptoms that have eluded testing. Tests of organ functions, blood counts, glucose tolerance, blood sugar, thyroid, upper GI, chest x-ray, EKG, cholesterol, blood pressure, allergies, and Lyme (and co-infections) have all come back negative. The neurologist was not concerned about about MS or other brain/nerve issues though he did order a preventative MRI. After all this investigation, the following symptoms still persist:

-muscle aches, especially in upper L arm; cold feeling/tingling at times in L arm and L leg
    -unexplained weightloss (about 10 lbs, which has proved difficult to put back on)
    -lightheadedness and fatigue soon after a meal of carbohydrates (the severity is not always consistent) or even a trace of caffeine.
    -muscle twitching
    -arthritic pain in chest (costochondral pain)

At first, my doctor thought my problems were related to a muscle pull and prescribed a steroid, but not long after, the chest discomfort remained and the gastrointestinal symptoms appeared. A GI doctor said I had gas problems and that my arm pain, weightloss, and intolerance to sugar was related to IBS. However, since going on a high fiber/protein diet, my bowels are fine (no gas, no cramps), and still the symptoms persist. Another doctor said I might have Lyme disease, and after prescribing antibiotics for three months, he does not think that diagnosis is accurate. I'm left with the following questions:

-If tests say that I don't have diabetes or chronic hypoglycemia, where does my sugar intolerance come from? If it's insulin resistance, why am I losing weight rather than gaining?
    -Could I have celiac, thyroid disease, or Lyme even if tests are negative and the hallmark symptoms are not present?
    -Could this be related to stress even if the period of higher stress that I was going through when this started has long since past?
    -What type of doctor should I visit next?

Thanks in advance.

The Following User Says Thank You to timmyc For This Useful Post:
    jcritchie (05-27-2012)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2011, 07:17 PM   #2
    deezerdeezer
    (male)

deezerdeezer HB User
    Re: Muscle aches, lightheadedness after meals, twitching, ears closing

Did you ever figure out what was going on?

Closed Thread