It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

Various symptoms - Sleep apnea, nasal problems, dizziness, heaches, eye floaters, etc

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2010, 08:08 AM   #1
DystantMind
(male)

DystantMind HB User
Question Various symptoms - Sleep apnea, nasal problems, dizziness, heaches, eye floaters, etc

For as long as I can remember I've had most of these symptoms.

I am 17 and so I should only require around 8 or 9 hours of sleep a night, but I find myself having around 10 hours and still feeling like I can sleep for another 10 (before you say "having too much sleep can have an bad effect", I have had 7,8,9 hours and still felt so tired). I force myself to get up and feel heavy for the rest of the day. I find it hard to concentrate and to even speak to people.

My second problem is my nose and ears. My right nostril is near impossible to breathe out of. After a visit to the Doctor he told me my nose looked bent. I did some research on the internet and found the term 'deviated septum' which seemed to match what I've got. I apparently hurt my nose very badly when I was three which could be the cause. My other big problem is my hearing. My hearing in my right ear is much worse than my left ear and I have tinnitus in my right ear only. Could this be causing my hearing loss, and could it also be causing me to have trouble sleeping?

Another problem is that I have a constant sparkling in my vision, or 'floaters'. They are there constantly and are most prominent when looking in the sky where it is like fireflies. Only recently (in the last few months or so), have I began to experience flashes also. This is often when it is quite dark (or when I have my eyes closed). It lasts for around 2 seconds, and it is somewhat around the outside of my vision. It is a very intense flash.

I feel faint most of the time. Also a few times a day I get these kind of near-fainting experiences (although i've never actually fully gone unconcious). When this happens my vision is nearly completely obscured by a wierd colourful shroud and I get an intense headache. This only lasts for around 6 or 7 seconds and I feel very dizzy.

I'm really just wondering if you think any of these symptoms can be connected and will point at a specific cause. Thanks anyhow.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2010, 10:06 PM   #2
MountainReader
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Various symptoms - Sleep apnea, nasal problems, dizziness, heaches, eye floaters,

Visit the Tempromandibular Joint Dysfunction (TMJ) thread. Towards the top, there is a sticky posted with a list of symptoms for TMJ. Everything you have listed is on that list. It might be something to consider.

Closed Thread