It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• 16 year old with heart pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-14-2010, 02:23 PM   #1
    dany4545
    (male)

dany4545 HB User
    16 year old with heart pain

hi all,
    this being my first time on this site i'm not too sure how this works, but i guess i'll just tell you what symptoms i'm having and hopefully someone out there could give me some insight.

As the title says, i'm a 16 year old male, weighing in at 8.13 1/2 stone, so quite underweight. i'm quite active with my lifestyle, i skateboard every weekend and on some weekdays as i have for the past 5 years, although when i'm not out skating, i'm mainly at home watching T.V or on the computor.

Now down to the achual symptoms, i've been getting pain in my chest, more specifically my heart, it does not spread to any other areas around the heart or the reast of my chest, and i only seem to get it whilst lying down. i've been very tired the past few days which may be a factor, and also urinating more than usual.

i'm hoping its nothing serious and just something stupid like heartburn or indegestion, and me be a hypocondriact, but if anyone could help me out with some info it wuold be much appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2010, 05:12 PM   #2
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
    Re: 16 year old with heart pain

dany4545: You need to go right away and get your blood sugars tested to see if you're a type 1 diabetic. Go to an ER if you can. Have your parents get you checked out. The symptoms of hyperglycemia are: Frequent urination, extreme thirst, dry skin, hunger, blurred vision, drowsiness, and nausea. Don't wait until you get to the point of passing out. You'll end up with Diabetic Ketoacidosis. It's when your body is using fat for fuel.

I don't know what kind of medical care is available to you where you live but you need to get to the hospital and get your blood sugars tested.

The opposite of hyperglycemia is hypoglycemia (low sugars). The symptoms of that are:
    Shakiness, fast heartbeat, sweating, anxiousness, dizziness, hunger, impaired vision, weakness/fatigue, headache, irritability.

Please DON'T WAIT. GO RIGHT AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-16-2010, 09:02 AM   #3
    Vincentius
    (male)

Vincentius HB User

If you get it more whilst lying down, it could just be heart burn, which is actually nothing to do with the heart at all.

Occasionally a small amount of stomach acid can move up in to the oesophagus (pipe down from your mouth to your stomach) and cause a burning sensation, called 'heart burn' due to the pain feeling as though it is coming from your heart when actually it is not. Obviously, lying down can cause this as the stomach and oesophagus are more aligned, therefore the chance of acid traveling upwards is increased.

It can be caused mainly by eating a bad diet or junk food, so if your diet consists of anything like burgers, pizza, chips, coke etc. then this may be your answer.

Heart burn is perfectly normal (mostly) and doesn't usually cause any problems, unless your getting in frequently or with a LOT of pain, in which case you should consult a doctor.

If it's regular and your not sure though, it's always best to just pop to your GP and ask, always better safe than sorry.

Old 02-18-2012, 09:52 AM   #4
    micheledagata
    (female)

micheledagata HB User

I'm not sure but it could be diabetes, I know you urinate more than usual if its undiagnosed

Closed Thread