It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Afternoon Cortisol drop and then night elavation

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-19-2010, 06:40 PM   #1
    cortisol
    (female)

cortisol HB User
    Afternoon Cortisol drop and then night elavation

Hello,

Lately I felt very depressed, has little energy and interest. I decided to do some tests to figure out what is going on.
    I recently had my cortisol level checked. It was saliva test with 4 time spots ( 8 am, 12 pm, 5 pm, and 12 am). First two were at the highest possible in normal range; at 5 pm I had a huge drop in cortisol to 1 and then 12 am cortisol was elevated much higher than normal range. And this is exactly how I feel: I feel energetic in the morning and at night but between 2 pm and 9 pm I feel very badly. I do not have energy, I have terrible cravings, and can eat non stop. Because of that I am gaining weight.

I checked my thyroid, insulin and they are normal. I found out that I am deficient in zinc, magnesium, a little in vit C.

I am wondering how I can change this cortisol pattern, and how to avoid this afternoon cortisol drop.

Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    my blood work shows high afternoon cortisol levels ellen18 Hormone Problems 1 06-20-2009 05:29 AM
    cortisol saliva results david45249 Addison's Disease 16 01-10-2009 08:19 PM
    How many of you take Cortisol? tygwyn Thyroid Disorders 37 10-12-2008 03:12 PM
    Does a morning ACTH of 69 (7-50) and an AM Cortisol of 8.8 (4-22) look like Primary? TheAntiEndo Addison's Disease 31 05-02-2008 05:09 PM
    Ask your Cushing's (cortisol) questions here Cushie Addison's Disease 5 07-12-2005 10:23 AM
    AM cortisol results can anyone help? sneezydiva Thyroid Disorders 7 06-07-2005 11:58 AM
    Trying to understand my Cortisol readings.... Ltraci2 Addison's Disease 9 02-16-2005 04:49 PM
    Low Cortisol and High DHEA raja4u Anxiety 4 07-30-2004 02:12 PM
    Very low cortisol -- should I look for Addison's? VariegatedFritillary Addison's Disease 9 11-22-2003 11:13 AM

Tags
    cortisol